Google Summer of Code 2011 Administrative
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Back to main OSGeo Google Summer of Code wiki page.
Central page for administering OSGeo participation in Google Summer of Code 2011.
- There is a 2010 version of the OSGeo SoC flyer to look at and post in appropriate places.
- The official Google Summer of Code 2011 program site
- Mentoring HOWTO
- Advice for Mentors from the Google Wiki
- Google's FAQ on the program
- There is also a Google Wiki page about the program
- Melange User's Guide
- Melange guide for organization administrators
- Melange issue tracker
- The "Student Landing Page" is Google Summer of Code 2011 Ideas.
- The 2011 OSGeo home at melange is (http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2011/osgeo)
How to register as a mentor
Please apply to become a mentor today! Just follow these steps:
- Sign up to the OSGeo SoC mailinglist.
- Present yourself on email@example.com Here are some suggested topics:
- Project you want to/can mentor for
- Area(s) of interest
- Feel free to tell more about yourself
- Register yourself at the Melange site (if you haven't done so already).
- Fill in the Mentor form
- Apply to become a mentor:
- Go to Melange homepage. Below the big link "Students: apply now" there is a smaller link to apply as mentor. Follow the procedure to create the profile.
- You can now apply to become mentor
- Fill up the request form with a short message, linked to the mail you sent on soc mailing list.
- Wait for administrator's approval.
- Go to your dashboard (link on left sidebar) and browse the list of student applications (now open)