Google Summer of Code 2011 Administrative
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Back to main OSGeo Google Summer of Code wiki page.
Central page for administering OSGeo participation in Google Summer of Code 2011.
- There is a 2010 version of the OSGeo SoC flyer to look at and post in appropriate places.
- The official Google Summer of Code 2011 program site
- Mentoring HOWTO
- Advice for Mentors from the Google Wiki
- Google's FAQ on the program
- There is also a Google Wiki page about the program
- Melange User's Guide
- Melange guide for organization administrators
- Melange issue tracker
- The "Student Landing Page" is Google Summer of Code 2011 Ideas.
- The 2011 OSGeo home at melange is (http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/show/google/gsoc2011/osgeo)
How to register as a mentor
Please apply to become a mentor today! Just follow these steps:
- Sign up to the OSGeo SoC mailinglist.
- Present yourself on email@example.com Here are some suggested topics:
- Project you want to/can mentor for
- Area(s) of interest
- Feel free to tell more about yourself
- Register yourself at the Melange site (if you haven't done so already).
- Fill in the Mentor form
- Apply to become a mentor:
- Go to Melange homepage. Below the picture of happy programmers and the big "Students: apply now" there is a smaller link to apply as mentor. Click it and follow the procedure to create [the link_id, if you don't have one from past years, and] the profile.
- As the green box on top of profile page tells you that profile is saved, follow the link "You can now apply to Google Summer of Code". Pick up OSGeo from the list of accepted organisations, or follow this direct link.
- Fill up the request form with a short message, referring to the mail you sent on soc mailing list.
- Wait for administrator's approval. If you wait for more than 24 hours, complain :)
- Go to your dashboard (link on left sidebar) and browse the list of student applications (now open)