Proposed date: Monday April 10th 2006.
Proposed time: 2:00pm EST (GMT+5), 11:00am PST. - Fixed time around the world
Proposed location: #osgeo IRC channel on irc.freenode.net
- Approve minutes from IncCom Meeting3.
- Review Project Status Template and approve.
- Review Incubation Mentor Guidelines, and assign project mentors.
- Review Project Infrastructure Migration document.
- Review project incubation status documents.
- Discuss additional incubation completion requirements, such as new user documents, and what the incubation transformation should include.
- Consider new meeting time at http://timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2006&month=4&day=9&hour=10&min=0&sec=0 (Sydney: 9pm, Berlin: 1pm, New York: 7am, Vancouver: 4am) per Cameron's suggestion.
The meeting was called to order at 2:05pm, EST, April 10th, 2006.
Individuals present included Frank Warmerdam (Chair), Daniel Brookshier, Arnulf Christl, Paul Spencer, Rich Steel, Norman Vine, Robert Bray.
- Minutes of March 27th approved.
- The Project Status Template was adopted with a few adjustments as a draft incubation document.
- The Incubation Mentor Guidelines were adopted with a few adjustements as a draft incubation document.
- The Project Infrastructure Migration was briefly reviewed. Project leads may talk to Norman Vine about non-CollabNet infrastructure needs they might like hosted on Telascience.
- Project Status Pages were briefly reviewed. A discussion on committee rule vs. benevolent dictatorship was defered to the wiki/mailing list for further exploration. How open/democratic should the PSC be?
- Daniel Brooksheir was appointed Mentor for the MapGuide Open Source project.
- Paul Spencer was appointed Mentor for the Mapbender project.
- Frank Warmerdam was appointed Mentor for the GeoTools project.
- Chris Holmes was appointed Mentor for the MapServer project.
- Paul Spencer was appointed Mentor for the GDAL/OGR project.
- A new meeting time was discussed but no new time was formally moved.
- Next meeting is April 24th at 2:00pm EST.