The project incubation committee is responsible for overseeing the incubation process for new projects entering the foundation. The incubation committee provides resources to assist new projects to reach full membership, and makes recommendations to the board when they feel projects have completed incubation.
- Official incubator web page is at: http://osgeo.org/incubator/index.html (with members list)
- Incubation process docs: http://osgeo.org/incubator/process/index.html
- Contributor Agreement and FAQ
- Incubation FAQ (very incomplete)
- Project Infrastructure Migration
- Producing OSS - by Karl Fogel - an excellent primer on running an FOSS project.
- Project Copyright Assignment
- First Meeting
- Second Meeting
- Third Meeting
- Fourth Meeting
- Fifth Meeting
- Sixth Meeting
- Seventh Meeting
- Eighth Meeting
We are watching the initial projects go through the incubation process as a method of defining what is required. The following pages track the progress (and experience) of these projects.
- Project Status Template
- Geotools: GeoTools Incubation Progress | GeoTools Provenance Review
- GDAL/OGR: GDAL Incubation Progress | GDAL Provenance Review
- GRASS: GRASS Incubation Progress | GRASS Provenance Review
- MapServer: MapServer incubation status
- OSSIM: OSSIM incubation status
- MapGuide: MapGuide Incubation Status | MapGuide Provenance Review
- GeoNetwork: GeoNetwork Incubation Status
- OpenLayers: OpenLayers Incubation Status
Each project may also have a page describing the incubation process on their own community website, the above pages are explicitly for the incubation comittee to learn from experience.
The following status and provenance documents are for historical purposes, and are no longer actively maintained.