Interim Board of Directors 2006
The Chicago meeting (February 4th, 2006) also resulted in the appointment of an initial board of directors that was responsible for the drafting and execution of the foundation's charter and bylaws. The initial five directors came from North America and Europe and represented various open source projects and technologies. The initial five directors of OSGEO were:
- Arnulf Christl - Mapbender, CCGIS, Germany;
- Chris Holmes - GeoServer/GeoTools, The Open Planning Project, U.S.;
- Gary Lang - MapGuide, Autodesk, U.S.;
- Markus Neteler - GRASS, Istituto Trentino Di Cultura, Italy;
- Frank Warmerdam - GDAL/OGR, Canada.
This board was extended after elections in 2006 to also include: