At it's formation, the Open Source Geospatial Foundation agreed it was important that it be very international, and represent and weld together Open Source geospatial activities around the globe. A lot has aready been achieved with the creation of formal Local Chapters and less formalized local activities.
- Organizing translation of documents, see also Educational Content Inventory
- identifying Like Minded Regional Organizations, and making recommendations on how OSGeo ought to relate to them.
- Creating non-english mailing lists and local news pages.
- Supporting translation of software packages, see Software Translation Portal
- Publicizing projects: flyer
- OSGeo appearance at conferences and other activities: see Current events
If a local area group is interested in having a local discuss list, please see Requesting an Area Mailing List.