Introduction to Web GIS
An introductory course on web mapping and geospatial data infrastructures. Up: Educational Resources
The student is assumed to have completed the Introduction to GIS course.
- introduction to the web and its technologies
- web communities, collecting and sharing geospatial data
- storage of geospatial data
- web mapping server
- the browser as a web mapping client
- dedicated web mapping clients
Freely downloadable texts are needed.
Lecture slides are needed.
These need to have detailed instructions and pre-prepared datasets. Also instructions how to get and install the needed software.