Difference between revisions of "Ireland"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(List of Meetings)
(List of Meetings)
 
(28 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
[[File:Ieosgeowiki.png|300px]]
 +
 
== Mission ==
 
== Mission ==
 
The mission of the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter is to promote the development and use of free open-source software within the Irish geospatial community. The Irish LOC will also serve to promote GIS Education using OSGeo software in Irish third-level institutions and industry.  
 
The mission of the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter is to promote the development and use of free open-source software within the Irish geospatial community. The Irish LOC will also serve to promote GIS Education using OSGeo software in Irish third-level institutions and industry.  
Line 12: Line 14:
  
 
* Daniel McInerney (Coillte Teoranta)
 
* Daniel McInerney (Coillte Teoranta)
* Peter Mooney (Environmental Protection Agency)
+
* Peter Mooney (Maynooth University)
 
* Mel McIntyre (OpenApp)
 
* Mel McIntyre (OpenApp)
 
* Dave Corley (OpenStreetMap Ireland)
 
* Dave Corley (OpenStreetMap Ireland)
Line 22: Line 24:
 
* Pádraig Fitzmaurice ( EPA Ireland/Compass Informatics )
 
* Pádraig Fitzmaurice ( EPA Ireland/Compass Informatics )
 
* Seth Girvin (Compass Informatics)
 
* Seth Girvin (Compass Informatics)
 +
* Richard Cantwell (Gamma)
  
 
== Communication ==
 
== Communication ==
Line 33: Line 36:
 
* Teleconference: 04.02.2016 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_3 Minutes]
 
* Teleconference: 04.02.2016 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_3 Minutes]
 
* Dublin Meet-Up: 18.06.2016 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_4 Minutes]
 
* Dublin Meet-Up: 18.06.2016 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_4 Minutes]
* Teleconference: 15.11.2016 [https//wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_5 Minutes]
+
* Teleconference: 15.11.2016 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_5 Minutes]
 +
* Teleconference: 26.01.2017 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_6 Minutes]
 +
* Teleconference: 10.02.2017 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_7 Minutes]
 +
* Teleconference: 24.03.2017 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_9 Minutes]
 +
* Teleconference: 12.04.2017 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_8 Minutes]
 +
* Teleconference: 17.05.2017 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_10 Minutes]
 +
* Symposium 2017: 26.05.2017 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017-Summary Minutes, Meeting Summary and Photos]
 +
* Teleconference: 22.03.2018 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/MeetingMinutes_0318 Minutes]
 +
* Symposium 2018: 25.05.2018 [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2018-Summary Minutes, Meeting Summary]
 +
 
 +
== OSGeo Symposium 2019 ==
 +
 
 +
* [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2019 Symposium Programme]
  
 
== Next Steps ==
 
== Next Steps ==
Line 42: Line 57:
 
* <strike>Establish mailman list</strike>
 
* <strike>Establish mailman list</strike>
 
* <strike>Logo</strike>
 
* <strike>Logo</strike>
* Organise First OSGeo IE Symposium in 2017
+
* <strike>Organise First OSGeo IE Symposium in 2017</strike>#
 
+
* <strike>Irish LOC account set-up</strike>
== OSGeo Symposium ==
+
* <strike>Plan further events in late 2017 and Second Symposium in 2018</strike>
 
+
* [https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Ireland/Symposium2017 Pre-Announcement]
+
 
+
'''Draft Logo'''
+
 
+
[[File:Osgeo logo ie small draft v1.png]]
+
  
  
 
[[Category:Local Chapters]]
 
[[Category:Local Chapters]]

Latest revision as of 03:13, 13 March 2019

Ieosgeowiki.png

Mission

The mission of the Irish OSGeo Local Chapter is to promote the development and use of free open-source software within the Irish geospatial community. The Irish LOC will also serve to promote GIS Education using OSGeo software in Irish third-level institutions and industry.


Objectives

  • To increase and promote awareness of OSGeo Software within the Irish geospatial (industry & research) community.
  • To provide a forum to discuss and gain experience with OSGeo Software
  • To help educate people in the use of OSGeo Software in Ireland.

People

People interested in forming part of the Irish Local Chapter should include their names below:

  • Daniel McInerney (Coillte Teoranta)
  • Peter Mooney (Maynooth University)
  • Mel McIntyre (OpenApp)
  • Dave Corley (OpenStreetMap Ireland)
  • Ozan Emem (Compass Informatics)
  • Mark Foley (Dublin Institute of Technology)
  • Declan Dunne (University College Cork)
  • Brian O'Hare (Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team, Cadasta Foundation)
  • Magdalene Marron (Coillte Teoranta)
  • Pádraig Fitzmaurice ( EPA Ireland/Compass Informatics )
  • Seth Girvin (Compass Informatics)
  • Richard Cantwell (Gamma)

Communication

List of Meetings

OSGeo Symposium 2019

Next Steps

The following is an informal list of potential items to address

  • Formalise Irish LOC's mission statement and objectives
  • Organise Irish Local Chapter Meet-up
  • Establish mailman list
  • Logo
  • Organise First OSGeo IE Symposium in 2017#
  • Irish LOC account set-up
  • Plan further events in late 2017 and Second Symposium in 2018