Aims and Objectives for the OSGeo Ireland Chapter
Perhaps these can be discussed and reviewed during the Ireland/Symposium2017?
- Promote use of open source spatial software amongst Irish institutions, businesses, and individuals.
- Allow a forum to discuss and debate the use of this software
- Use of the mailing list
- Meetups and conferences
More specific actions:
- Raise awareness of the Google Summer of Code programme, and help pair Irish students and mentors for OSGeo software development
- Assist members in arranging informal meetups at OSGeo events (FOSS4G, FOSS4G-Europe etc.)
- Provide assistance to businesses in open-sourcing geo-related projects
- Raising awareness of these libraries to interested organisations providing commercial opportunities relating to open source projects
- Documenting best practice for licensing and releasing open source software
- Checking if GDAL and all other OSGeo software is using the incorrect projection parameters for Irish National Grid!
- See https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/150 and the parameter TOWGS84[482.5,-130.6,564.6,-1.042,-0.214,-0.631,8.15]
- Should 8.15 be -8.15? See also https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmert_transformation