Welcome to the Third Irish OSGeo Symposium 2019 (OSGeoIE 2019)
The Irish Local Chapter of OSGeo are delighted to announce their 3rd National Symposium at the Metropole Hotel in Cork City, Ireland on Thursday, 11th April 2019. The event is open to anyone. The symposium will provide a relaxed and stimulating environment to learn about OSGeo, meet people with similar interest in OSGeo and FOSS4G, and learn new skills in the workshops.
Symposium Keynote Speaker
We are delighted to announce that our Keynote for OSGeoIE 2019 will be Mr. Martin Høgh (Twitter). Martin is an open source code, urban planner and founder of the MapCentia company in Denmark and developer of GC2 and Vidi. The GC2/Vidi framework helps you build a spatial data infrastructure quickly and easily. This framework is powered using open source components and facilitates the deployment of PostGIS, MapServer, QGIS Server, MapCache, Elasticsearch, GDAL/ogr2ogr while Vidi is described as 'a modern take on browser GIS'. It is the front-end client for GC2. Martin will also give a workshop on GC2 in the afternoon.
Tickets are now on Sale
Tickets for OSGeoIE 2019 including early-bird rate are available here.
- Early Bird Registration Ticket: €60 (Deadline 29.03.2019)
- Standard Registration Ticket: €80 (30.04.2019 onwards)
- Student Registration Ticket: €40 You will need to produce your student ID on arrival.
Call for Lightning Talks
Lightning talk sessions accommodate as many presentations as possible whilst showcasing a wide variety of FOSS4G and OSGeo applications in Ireland. Lightning talks will be strictly limited to 7 minutes.
- Please submit your ABSTRACT here
- Submission Deadline: 22.03.2019
Student Poster Competition
Based on feedback from both of the previous symposia we are delighted to introduce a student poster competition to OSGeoIE 2019.
- Eligibility: Any student who is currently enrolled or registered in ANY Irish University, College, Research Institution, Training School or Secondary School is eligible for entry. At least one of the students named as authors/creators of the poster must register at the student rate for OSGeoIE 2019.
- Poster Content/Focus: If you are a student and you are working with OSGeo or FOSS4G tools or services then why not tell us about your experiences, your work, etc regarding using these tools and services. Perhaps you are using Open (Spatial/Geographic) Data or other Open Source Software to work with spatial/geographic data in your work?
Posters should be A0 or A1 size. Entrants will be responsible for the printing and production costs of their own posters.
The 'Best Poster' will be announced during the final closing session when the prize will be awarded.
Symposium Programme Outline (DRAFT PROGRAMME)This will include 2 presentations on flagship applications of OSGeo/FOSS4G work in Ireland.
|Registration||08:00 - 09:00|
|Opening Address, Welcome and Introductions||09:00 - 09:15|
|Keynote Presentation (followed by open Q&A)
Mr. Martin Høgh. MapCentia (Denmark) and GC2 and Vidi developer
|09:15 - 10:00|
|Selected Long Format Presentations||10:00 - 10:45|
|Tea/Coffee Break and Networking||10:45 - 11:15|
|Lightning Talks Presentation Sessions
Ten 7-minute lightning talks
|11:15 - 13:00|
|Lunch Time, Networking and Poster Session.||13:00 - 14:00|
|Interactive Workshops||14:00 - 16:30|
|Closing Address and Finish Announcement of Best Poster Award Winner||16:30 - 17:00|