Links: Comunità GFOSS italiana
(siti in italiano)
- Il portale: http://www.gfoss.it
- Il Wiki: http://wiki.gfoss.it
- La mailing list: http://www.faunalia.com/pipermail/gfoss/
- Il canale IRC: #gfoss su irc.freenode.net irc://irc.freenode.net/#gfoss
- Qui gli indirizzi Jabber della comunità GFOSS italiana.
- Provide member networking opportunities for support and job opportunities - OK
- Software Internationalization and Localization - OK
- Development of prototype applications to demonstrate Open Source geospatial capabilities to local and regional audiences - OK
- Software Packaging and Customization for local and regional needs - OK ( GFOSS live CD)
- Training, Support and Development of e-Learning Contents in local languages - MAYBE ( QGIS and GRASS Manuals translations)
- Support Open standards and Open access to geospatial data in region OK
- Promoting OSGeo and enhancing visibility in various forums
- “OSGeo Chapter” officially represents OSGeo and is formally recognized as OSGeo Project.
- “OSGeo Chapter” must support the OSGeo Mission and Objectives of OSGeo.
- “OSGeo Chapter” must hold regular meetings (at least annual) and provide annual report of activities to chapter membership and OSGeo Board. OK
- “OSGeo Chapter” will not entail any financial commitment from or on-behalf of OSGeo. OSGeo will also not provide any budget assistance to the “OSGeo Chapter”.
- “OSGeo Chapter” is encouraged develop and maintain “Directory Listing” of companies, people, universities and organizations involved with or using OSGeo projects.
- “OSGeo Chapter” must strive at networking with organizations to enlist participation and support for OSGeo.
- OSGeo reserves the right to terminate its relation with an “OSGeo Chapter” if OSGeo has reasons to believe that the activities of the “OSGeo Chapter” are contrary or detrimental to the Mission and Objectives of OSGeo.
In order to form a chapter, the following steps should be taken:
- "OSGeo Chapter" should self-organize (for instance in the OSGeo wiki, via OSGeo mailing list, etc), seeking to determine if a critical mass of interest exists to justify a chapter. - READY
- "OSGeo Chapter" should prepare a mission and objectives indicating the scope of the planned chapter (geographic or linquistic extent for instance). - TODO
- “OSGeo Chapter” should propose an official representative to liaise with the OSGeo Board. If accepted by the board, the representative will be an officer of OSGeo. - TODO
- “OSGeo Chapter” should submit an official expression of interest to form a chapter to the OSGeo board, listing initial members, mission, representative and other supporting information. - TODO
- The OSGeo board shall then consider passing a motion forming the chapter, and designating the liason officer. - TODO
In considering the formation of new OSGeo chapters, the board will consider issues including:
- Does the mandate (geographically or linguistically) conflict with other existing chapters or chapters-in-formation? - NO
- Does the chapter appear to have sufficient interest to justify official formation? - YES
- Does the chapter appear to be open to broad membership, and representative of the target geographic or linguistic community? (eg. if a chapter had the objective to cover all Spanish speakers, it would be inappropriate if the only interest demonstrated was from one country) - YES