Japan Chapter Report 2007
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2007
- Contact name: Toru Mori
- Held the 2nd annual conference in November in Osaka, attended 70 active people. Invited Tyler Mitchell to give them a speech and promoted OSGeo. Markus Neteler, Lorenzo Becchi, Geoff Zeiss and Schuyler Erle are also invited and gave speech.
- Tokyo meeting was held in the following week with 60 attendants. Tyler Mitchell and Schuyler Erle gave speech.
- Launch local website in Japanese language in November, financially sponsored by local companies such as Autodesk Japan, Ouyougijyutsu and Orkney.
- Promoted OSGeo activities at OSC(Open Source Conference) Spring in Tokyo (March 2007).
- Promoted OSGeo activities at GIS seminar held by Ouyougijyutsu in Osaka (November 2007).
- Organized local board committee with 5 most active members.
Areas for Improvement
- Keeping regular activities without enough financial and human resources is always challenging.
Opportunities to Help
- Join and express your opinions to our local mailing lists.
- Contribute us translated materials of OSGeo.org pages.
- Becoming sponsor of the Japan Chapter and support local activities in financial.
Outlook for 2008
- Enrich the local OSGeo web site.
- 3rd annual conference (TBD).
- Organize off line activities such as face to face meetings.