Japan Chapter Report 2008
Revision as of 22:13, 23 March 2009 by Moritoru (New page: = Japan Chapter = * Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2008 * Contact name: Toru Mori == Key Accomplishments == * Held the 3rd annual conference in November in [http://www.osgeo.jp/foss4g2...)
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2008
- Contact name: Toru Mori
- Held the 3rd annual conference in November in Tokyo and Osaka, attended 150 active people. Invited Jeff McKenna to give them a speech and promoted OSGeo and its community. Christopher Schmidt and Claude Philipona gave speech.
- Enhanced local website (in Japanese language).
- 5 local sponsors, Osaka-city Univercity, Autodesk Japan, Ouyougijyutsu, Mapconcielge and Orkney.
- Organized "Osaka mini event", invited Helena Mitasova of North Carolina State University, Hiroshi Miura of OpenStreetMap Japan and local geospatial reserchers at Osaka-city University, Osaka in May 2008.
- Promoted OSGeo activities at GeoMedia Sumitt in Tokyo (December 2008).
- Organized local board committee consists of 11 most active members.
Areas for Improvement
- Launched local sponsorship, which enabled us to keep regular activities and visible.
Opportunities to Help
- Join and express your opinions to our local mailing lists.
- Contribute us translated materials of OSGeo.org pages.
- Become sponsor of the Japan Chapter and support local activities in financial.
Outlook for 2009
- Enrich the local OSGeo web site.
- 4rd annual conference (currently scheduled in November).
- Organize off line activities such as face to face meetings and beer parties!