Journal Volume 4
This is the planning and work page for the OSGeo Journal - Volume 4 publication.
If you want to contribute an article, add it to this list in the appropriate category.
Please review the Journal License and Guidelines page before adding your article to either article list.
- 1 Deadlines
- 2 Contributors / Topics
- Articles welcome: Now
- Articles requiring peer review, Submission Ends: ???
- Article Submission Ends: ???
- First Draft: ???
- Final Publication: ???
Contributors / Topics
See Journal for definition of the following categories. Add yourself if you are interested. Note that all categories don't have to be filled, so this serves as a rough outline for the types of content we generally hope to have.
- Tyler Mitchell: General updates
- Editor: Jason Fournier
- Author: Rafal Wawer; email: Rafal.Wawer@sadl.kuleuven.be A trans-national cascade training programme on Open Source GIS&RS Software for environmental applications - the CASCADOSS project
Event Reports (2-3 articles)
Project Introductions (1-2 articles)
- Jason Jorgenson LandUse Analyst This project aims to define a settlement's use of, and impact on, their surrounding landscape.
Case Studies (2-3 articles)
- Peter Löwe: Wanderlust 2.0: The state and future of hiking trail management in Germany with FOSS GIS
- Peter Wilkins: An Image Request application using FOSS4G tools
- Chris West, Mark Gillis, Brian Low, and Alex Song. firstname.lastname@example.org, Using Open Source to Analyze Canada's National Forest Inventory
Integration Studies (2-3 articles)
- Aaron Peeke-Vout and Brian Low, Aaron.Peeke-Vout@nrcan-rncan.gc.ca, Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI)-In-A-Box, a Footprint to Deliver Geospatial Data through Open Source Applications.
Topical Studies (1-2 articles)
- Markus Neteler: Open Source Quality Assessment System: The GRASS Case (aboutGRASS-QA)
Programming Tutorials (1-2 articles)
- OSGeo project summaries
- OSGeo Local Chapter updates
- deegree3: the shape of things to come. (Markus Lupp)