Like Minded Regional Organizations
While OSGeo has no current plans for local chapters, it is desirable for it to establish contact with existing local organizations with a related charter. This page is an effort to collect a list of such organizations with a short English description of their mandate.
- Australia, Melbourne: MMUG (http://wiki.nomad-labs.dyndns.org/melbmap/published/HomePage) MapServer User Group of Melbourne
- Brazil: GeoLivre (http://geolivre.org.br) - Community for exchange information about FOSS GIS in portuguese language. In download section, there are many users contributions. The Geolivre Linux is hosted by this community too.
- Brazil: Geolivre Conference (http://geolivre.org) - Official website of brazilian FOSS GIS conference organization.
- Canada: OMSUG (http://www.omsug.ca/) Ottawa MapServer User Group
- Germany: FOSSGIS (http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) - Organizing the FOSSGIS 2006 conference.
- Germany: GRASS Anwender Vereinigung e.V. (http://www.grass-verein.de) - tax-exempt charity for promotion and dissemination of Free GIS
- Italy: GFOSS (http://www.gfoss.it) Geographic Free and Open Source Software
- the Netherlands: OpenSourceGIS.nl A dutch site about Open Source GIS.
- USA, Minnesota: TCMUG (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/community/MUGs/tcmug/) Twin Cities Mapserver Users Group