Like Minded Regional Organizations
The OSGeo Foundation is interested in establishing contact with existing local organizations with a related charter. This page is an effort to collect a list of such organizations with a short English description of their mandate.
- Australia, Melbourne: MMUG (http://wiki.nomad-labs.dyndns.org/melbmap/published/HomePage) MapServer User Group of Melbourne
- Brazil: GeoLivre (http://geolivre.org.br) - Community for exchange information about FOSS GIS in portuguese language. In download section, there are many users contributions. The Geolivre Linux is hosted by this community too.
- Brazil: Geolivre Conference (http://geolivre.org) - Official website of brazilian FOSS GIS conference organization.
- Canada: OMSUG (http://www.omsug.ca/) Ottawa MapServer User Group
- Germany: FOSSGIS (http://www.fossgis.de/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) - Organizing the FOSSGIS 2006 conference.
- Germany: GRASS Anwender Vereinigung e.V. (http://www.grass-verein.de) - tax-exempt charity for promotion and dissemination of Free GIS
- Italy: GFOSS (http://www.gfoss.it) Geographic Free and Open Source Software
- the Netherlands: OpenSourceGIS.nl A dutch site about Open Source GIS.
- USA, Minnesota: TCMUG (http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/community/MUGs/tcmug/) Twin Cities Mapserver Users Group
OSGeo Local Chapters and Interest Groups
OSGeo is starting to develop plans for Local Chapters and Interest Groups. If you are interested please go to the corresponding pages and add your thoughts, ideas and relevant links. If you think that another name would be better please suggest it here!
'LOCAL GROUPS' instead of 'regional like minded'.
'LANGUAGES' instead of []'Interest groups'(and +'Interest groups'/etc for unclasifieds). 'ORGANIZATIONS/BRANCHES' instead of 'local chapters' for the geographic or/and political/administrative divisions which can share continent.osgeo.org as an extra addon..
Maps for that/this page will help the view!