Live GIS Management
The OSGeo-Live Project Steering Committee (PSC) is the official managing body of OSGeo-Live and is responsible for setting overall project direction. The committee is drawn from the OSGeo-Live community and is based on merit and interest.
Decisions are based on voting using the following:
- +1 : For
- +0: Mildly for, but mostly indifferent
- 0: Indifferent
- -0: Mildly against, but mostly indifferent
- -1 : Strongly against. This is expected to be accompanied by a reason.
For most decisions, a motion is raised within one of the OSGeo-Live open forums (IRC, email list, etc) and those present vote and decide. Should a decision:
- Be strategic or impact many within OSGeo-Live,
- Or if there be contention in deciding, and after discussion at least one member is still strongly against the motion, by continuing to vote -1,
Then the motion should be referred to the PSC.
For motions presented to the PSC, a motion is considered passed when there are more PSC +1 votes than -1 votes, and either all PSC members have voted, or 4 days have passed. In the case of a tie, the PSC chair shall have 1.5 votes.
- Angelos_Tzotsos (Chair)
- Brian M Hamlin
- Cameron Shorter
- Alex Mandel
- Johan Van de Wauw
- Bas Couwenberg
- Massimo De Stefano
- Astrid Emde
- Ben Caradoc-Davies
- Nicolas Roelandt
- Vicky Vergara
Our thanks to previous PSC members:
- Hamish Bowman
Selection of new PSC members is determined by PSC vote. PSC members may retire any time. If a PSC member becomes inactive for many months they may be invited to retire, and if unresponsive they may be removed by the existing PSC.
Expectations of PSC members
- Regularly contribute to OSGeo-Live or related activities
- Help with whatever dirty work is required to keep the project moving forward
- Monitor OSGeo-Live conversations, either in weekly IRC meetings, or on the email list, and contribute constructively where appropriate
- Vote promptly (within days) to motions being raised
Credit: This management process draws heavily from other OSGeo project PMC processes.