Memorandum of Understanding
This Memorandum of Understanding is a DRAFT only.
- Memorandum of Understanding between
- The Open Source Geospatial Foundation
- International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is to establish a collaborative relationship between the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) and the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS). Both parties to this MOU share the goal of developing on a global basis collaboration opportunities for academia, industry and government organizations in open source GIS software and data.
The MOU will cover the following proposals and topics:
- To provide expertise and support for the establishment of Open Source Geospatial Laboratories and Research Centers across the world for supporting development of open-source geospatial software technologies, training and expertise. In the first phase five laboratories will be established, one each in Asia, Europe, Africa, the Americas and Australasia which will act as nodes for future expansion.
- To provide support for building-up and supporting development of open source GIS training materials. For example through the ELOGeo eLearning platform for the Open Geospatial Community.
- Development of collaboration opportunities for academia, industry and government organizations in open source GIS for the purpose of creating a sustainable ecosystem for open source GIS globally.
- Joint organization of open source GIS events, workshops through the ICA network for wider participation globally.
- ICA Commission on Open Source Geospatial Technologies to help OSGeo to establish framework for publications for the academic track of FOSS4G conferences.
This MOU will be reviewed annually by both parties at which time revisions may be made and the agreement renewed.
- Chen Jun, President, ISPRS
- Jeff McKenna, President, OSGeo