- The MoU between YouthMappers and OSGeo was signed in Milan, Italy on 2018-07-25
Memorandum of Understanding between
The purpose of this Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) is to establish a collaborative relationship between the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) and the YouthMappers. Both parties to this MOU share the goal of empowering communities with geo-information and geoeducation opportunities.
OSGeo and YouthMappers agree to cooperate in the following activities, which are to their mutual benefit:
- GeoForAll, the OSGeo research and education outreach initiative, will encourage its member laboratories to establish YouthMappers chapters to expand students' links with the Open Source geospatial community.
- GeoForAll will proactively work to identify opportunities for student travel support to FOSS4G events and to explore opportunities for members of local YouthMappers chapters to contribute to the conferences as volunteers and participate with waived registration fees
- GeoForAll will help YouthMappers to identify any competitions or internship opportunities for YouthMappers within the OSGeo ecosystem.
- YouthMappers will include OSGeo-GeoForAll resources on their wiki for their chapters and promote the open source geospatial ecosystem at participating universities.
- YouthMappers will advertise FOSS4G events to YouthMappers chapters, especially to local chapters, along with any travel support that might be available.
- YouthMappers will assist OSGeo-GeoForAll with organizing competitive processes for travel assistance or conference participation of its members at FOSS4G events
- GeoForAll will work to incorporate selected webinars from YouthMappers community in the GeoForAll webinar series to give more students a platform to share their work. YouthMappers will add any YouthMappers-driven GeoForAll webinars to their YouTube channel
- GeoForAll will highlight and promote the work of YouthMappers leaders in GeoForAll newsletters and website.
This MOU will be reviewed biennially by both parties at which time revisions may be made.
- Maria Antonia Brovelli, Director, Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo)
- Patricia Solís, PhD CoFounder and Director, YouthMappers
The initial liaisons and their contact data is as follows:
Primary OSGeo Liaison
- Suchith Anand, co-chair of GeoForAll Committee, Suchith.Anand AT nottingham.ac.uk
Secondary OSGeo Liaison
- Helena Mitasova, co-chair of GeoForAll Committee, hmitaso AT ncsu.org
Primary YouthMappers Liaison