Introduction to the Open Source Geospatial Foundation Wiki
This is the community Wiki of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. Please refer to the official web site for official documents and policies. This Wiki is the place where documents such as committee notes, discussion on software projects, and proposals can be created collaboratively.
See Getting Started for how to dive in and get involved. We have Local Chapters, which work regionally and in other languages. We also have many active Mailing Lists for discussions. Take a moment to visit our Library. We have a list of email Contacts for various projects and functions.
The committees are part of the official structure of OSGeo. Committees meet on the IRC or use conference calls. IRC logs of previous meetings are often available. For a list of scheduled or regularly scheduled meetings of many of the committees check the Foundation Calendar.
From the committees' pages you will find the missions, names of the people involved, and links to the working documents.
Although committees are official and there is an official list of members please feel free to participate!
- Board of Directors (official) - Board tasks
- Website Committee (official) - Current WebCom tasks
- Fundraising Committee (official)
- Incubation Committee (official)
- Promotion and Visibility Committee (official)
- Public Geospatial Data Committee (official; maybe needs a catchier name)
- Education and Curriculum Committee (official)
- System Administration Committee (SAC) (official)
- Certification Committee (not official) - initial ideas stage!
- Conference Committee (not official), Foss4g2006 Conference
Proposals and Other Working Pages
This section is for new proposals which need publicity, or are not yet assigned to any committee or need broader collaboration. Once the entry here has done its work, it should be moved to a more appropriate place.
Check out the Special:Recentchanges page also (a link in the navigation menu on the left).
- OSGeo Educational Project
- Response to RFI for US Gov GeoSpatial
- Volunteers Needed
- What's Working
- What's Not Working
- OSGeo.org Project Tool FAQ
- OSGeo Description
- Press Release Process
- Press Release Template
- OSGeo Wikipedia entry
- Proposed Membership Rules
- Committee Guidelines
- Contacts - for projects, committees, etc
- Protocol for requesting letter of support
- Mobile Solutions
- Distribution Special Interest Groups
- AJAX WebMapping Project Request
- Choosing a Web Mapping Platform
- Programming Languages Project
- Cpanel Installer
- Script Repository
- Getting Started will help you to find about.
- How to Edit this Wiki.
- How to keep Track of what is going on in the Wiki.
- Protected page guidelines