Introduction to the Open Source Geospatial Foundation Wiki
This is the community Wiki of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. Please refer to the official web site at http://www.osgeo.org/ for stable documents and policies. This Wiki is the place where documents can be created collaboratively (ie. adoption processes, user hints, suggestions, committee notes, etc.). All web pages that are adopted as official documents will be moved to a CVS or SVN and subsequently appear at the OSGeo web site, which is the only official place for documents.
If you're wondering about how to dive in to OSGeo, what it's all about and how to get involved, see Getting Started.
- "About the Foundation" (official officers, charter docs, etc)
- All Members -- add information about yourself
Committees and Working Groups
- Board of Directors (official)
- Website Committee (official) - Current WebCom tasks
- Fundraising Committee (official)
- Incubation Committee (official) - Current IncCom tasks
- Promotion and Visibility Committee (official) - Current VisCom tasks
- Public Geospatial Data Committee (official; maybe needs a catchier name)
- Education and Curriculum Committee (official)
- Certification Committee (not official) - initial ideas stage!
Current Proposals and Documents in Editing Process
- Translations of Press Release
- Proposed Project Submission Process
- Contributor Agreement
- Like Minded Regional Organizations
- International Outreach
- OSGeo Mission
- Proposed Membership Rules
- Potential Nominees for Next Membership Election
- Distribution Special Interest Groups