Introduction to the Open Source Geospatial Foundation Wiki
This is the community Wiki of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. Please refer to the official web site at http://www.osgeo.org/ for stable documents and policies. This Wiki is the place where documents can be created collaboratively (ie. adoption processes, user hints, suggestions, committee notes, etc.). All web pages that are adopted as official documents will be moved to a CVS or SVN and subsequently appear at the OSGeo web site, which is the only official place for documents.
If you're wondering about how to dive in to OSGeo, what it's all about and how to get involved, see Getting Started.
- "About the Foundation" (official officers, charter docs, etc)
- All Members -- add information about yourself
- Mailing Lists
Committees and Working Groups
- Board of Directors (official) - Board tasks
- Website Committee (official) - Current WebCom tasks
- Fundraising Committee (official)
- Incubation Committee (official)
- Promotion and Visibility Committee (official)
- Public Geospatial Data Committee (official; maybe needs a catchier name)
- Education and Curriculum Committee (official)
- System Administration Committee (SAC) (official)
- Certification Committee (not official) - initial ideas stage!
For a list of scheduled or regularly scheduled meetings of the Board Committees and Working Groups refer to the Foundation Calendar.
Project Specific Wiki
The following are sub-sections of the wiki, specific to hosted open source projects at OSGeo.org:
Current Proposals and Documents in Editing Process
- OSGeo Description
- Press Release Process
- Press Release Template
- Translations of Press Release
- Like Minded Regional Organizations
- International Outreach
- Proposed Membership Rules
- Potential Nominees for Next Membership Election
- Distribution Special Interest Groups
- Response to RFI for US Gov GeoSpatial
- Committee Chair Guidelines
- Volunteers Needed
- AJAX WebMapping Project Request
- Programming Languages Project
- Cpanel Installer
- Languages maps for webs
- Maps gallery
- Script Repository
- Getting Started will help you to find about.
- How to Edit this Wiki.
- How to keep Track of what is going on in the Wiki.
- Protected page guidelines