MapServer Report 2012
Revision as of 18:27, 13 May 2013 by Dmorissette
- Contact name: Steve Lime, PSC Chair
- One major release:
- MapServer 6.2 released on November 14, 2012. See the Release Announcement for the list of new features and enhancements in this release
- Several minor releases tied to bug fixes and security improvements:
- Participation in the Seattle/IslandWood Code Sprint in February 2012
- Migration of source repository and tickets management from SVN/Trac to GitHub, see RFC 84
Areas for Improvement
- Keeping documentation up-to-date with development remains a challenge
- Continue work to attract additional developer talent to the project.
- Cleanup bug backlog (550+ open bugs), and triage new bugs more effectively.
- Google Summer of Code: continue to try and attract more students
Opportunities to Help
- General website, documentation and translations maintenance.
- New coders always welcome, a good way to start is by contributing bug reports and patches.
- Experienced users can contribute to the release process by testing the betas and release candidates and reporting their results.