This is the new name and home of the former Promotion and Visibility Committee.
The committee Infrastructure currently comprises a Mailing List, regular meetings on IRC, a directory in the OSGeo SVN, CMS web space and this Wiki. Everyone is welcome to work with this committee and contribute, whether or not you are a formal member of the committee. Please join the Marketing mailing list and lurk or introduce yourself. To post a mail please first (subscribe). The archive of this mailing list is open to the public.
All pages in this Wiki related to Marketing should be tagged with Category:Marketing.
- Next meeting agenda at: Marketing Meeting 2009.01.15
- Please review last meeting minutes: Marketing Meeting 2008.12.11
- Marketing Meetings - Past meeting minutes and logs
Schedule and Location
Meetings occur on the first week of every month, with special meetings planned in between when needed. Next one is: Thursday Jan 15th 07h00 UTC (Wednesday in some regions). Use this ics file in your calendar to see the time and date of future meetings: http://osgeo.org/calendars/Marketing.ics
Meetings occur using IRC on the #osgeo channel of Freenode.net. Use this online client to connect without needing to install any software: IRC client. Select #osgeo from the drop-down list, and type /nick YOURNAME, to set your nickname for use in the channel.
- Public facing documents can be found at: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Documents under development, or historical documents can be found in Subversion under: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Brochures: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Flyers: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Presentation Templates: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Library - repository for white papers, presentations etc.
- Case_Studies contains a list of relevant Geospatial Open Source case studies useful for justifying the use of GeoFOSS.
- GeoConnexion Column
- OSGeo Marketing Discussions
Committee members are eligible to vote. The process to become Committee member is rather informal, just send a list to introduce yourself to the list, describe your interests and - please - attend to meetings.
- Tyler Mitchell (chair)
- Arnulf Christl
- Jeroen Ticheler
- Daniele Nascimento
- Torsten Brassat
- Michael P. Gerlek
- Perry Nacionales
- Nathalie Mainland
- Cameron Shorter (occasionally)
- David Bitner (occasionally)
- Tim Bowden
- Miguel Montesinos
- Develop guidelines for spending the Marketing budget.
- Develop a HOWTO page to help people setting up a conference.
- Mark Leslie has made a good start in his blog at http://fromtheinsidelookingin.blogspot.com/2008/10/conference-booths.html .
- Develop a Marketing Plan
- Coordinate Events
The Marketing Committee oversees the issuing of press releases for the Foundation (Press Release Process). Got some news you think is worthy of an OSGeo press release, or want to help translate some text? Let us know! Past press releases:
- 6 March 2006 - "OSGeo Created"
- Press Release 2006-07-19 "OSGeo at 6-month mark"
- Press Release 2006-10-06 "FOSS4G 2006 Conference Summary"
- Press_Release_2006-10-19 "Tyler selected as ED"
- Press_Release_2007-08-03 "Service Provider Directory Launched"
The Marketing Committee is responsible the Foundation's presence tradeshows, conferences, workshops, etc. We can coordinate the booth, supply materials, arrange for speakers, etc. Please see out Event Management page for more information.
Upcoming events are listed on the Category:Events page by adding the Category to the corresponding page.