All are welcome to work with and contribute to this committee. There are several ways to get involved and various tools that we use to manage our work.
- Join our mailing list and introduce yourself. Subscribe here. Read the public list archives here.
- Files and documents are stored in an SVN repository located here: http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Web pages are managed in our Drupal website tools at: http://www.osgeo.org
All pages in this Wiki related to Marketing should be tagged with Category:Marketing.
Regular meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month at 7am UTC Please subscribe to the Marketing calendar file at http://www.osgeo.org/calendars/Marketing.ics Join the meeting using IRC at channel (#osgeo). You can install IRC software or use this online IRC client (select #osgeo from the drop-down list, and type /nick YOURNAME, to set your nickname for use in the channel).
Next meeting is Thursday March 5th 07h00 UTC (Wednesday in some regions).
Develop project plans for each project in the Marketing Budget 2009:
- Exhibition Pack  
- Communication and Branding development
- Marketing Material development - Tyler and Jeroen leading. Developing themes and printed material to extend our brand in several areas
- Web site design - lots of discussion to be had with the website committee still
- Event support
Other tasks relate to ongoing work around:
- Develop a Marketing Plan Marketing Plan Discussion 0    Targets
- Coordinating Events
- Public facing documents can be found at: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Documents under development, or historical documents can be found in Subversion under: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Brochures: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Flyers: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Presentation Templates: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Library - repository for white papers, presentations etc.
- Case_Studies contains a list of relevant Geospatial Open Source case studies useful for justifying the use of GeoFOSS.
- GeoConnexion Column
- OSGeo Marketing Discussions
Committee members are eligible to vote. The process to become Committee member is rather informal, just send a list to introduce yourself to the list, describe your interests and - please - attend to meetings.
- Tyler Mitchell (chair)
- Arnulf Christl
- Jeroen Ticheler
- Daniele Nascimento
- Torsten Brassat
- Michael P. Gerlek
- Perry Nacionales
- Nathalie Mainland
- Cameron Shorter (occasionally)
- David Bitner (occasionally)
- Tim Bowden
- Miguel Montesinos
The Marketing Committee oversees the issuing of press releases for the Foundation (Press Release Process). Got some news you think is worthy of an OSGeo press release, or want to help translate some text? Let us know! Past press releases:
- 6 March 2006 - "OSGeo Created"
- Press Release 2006-07-19 "OSGeo at 6-month mark"
- Press Release 2006-10-06 "FOSS4G 2006 Conference Summary"
- Press_Release_2006-10-19 "Tyler selected as ED"
- Press_Release_2007-08-03 "Service Provider Directory Launched"
The Marketing Committee is responsible the Foundation's presence tradeshows, conferences, workshops, etc. We can coordinate the booth, supply materials, arrange for speakers, etc. Please see out Event Management page for more information.
Upcoming events are listed on the Category:Events page by adding the Category to the corresponding page.
The Marketing Committee was formerly known as the Promotion and Visibility Committee.