All are welcome to work with and contribute to this committee. There are several ways to get involved and various tools that we use to manage our work.
- Join our mailing list and introduce yourself. Subscribe here. Read the public list archives here.
- Files and documents are stored in an SVN repository located here: http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Web pages are managed in our Drupal website tools at: http://www.osgeo.org
All pages in this Wiki related to Marketing should be tagged with Category:Marketing.
To promote the Foundation mission it's Projects and Local Chapters.
All Marketing Meetings are open to anyone who wants to listen in or comment.
For meeting date, times, minutes etc, see: Marketing Meetings
Regular meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month at 19:30 (7:30pm) UTC. Subscribe to Marketing.ics calendar
Current Marketing Activities
Develop project plans for each project in the Marketing Budget 2009:
- Event Support - Primary event: FOSS4G 2010, Barcelona and coordinating other regional Events as well.
- Exhibition Pack  - nearing completion, Demonstration DVD ongoing
- Communication and Branding development - include developing a Marketing Plan (Marketing Plan Discussion 0    Targets) - older Marketing proposal.
- Marketing Material development - Deliverables complete see Marketing Material Samples, lots used already in 2009, compiling files for SVN and easy download
- Web site design - site/content/layout improvements, site assets, apply brand material 1 2
Marketing Pipeline lists the various channels where OSGeo and OSGeo projects are promoted.
The Marketing Committee is responsible the Foundation's presence tradeshows, conferences, workshops, etc. We can coordinate the booth, supply materials, arrange for speakers, etc. Please see out Event Management page for more information.
Upcoming events are listed on the Category:Events page by adding the Category to the corresponding page.
- Public facing documents can be found at: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Documents under development, or historical documents can be found in Subversion under: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Brochures: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Flyers: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Presentation Templates: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Library - repository for white papers, presentations etc.
- Case_Studies contains a list of relevant Geospatial Open Source case studies useful for justifying the use of GeoFOSS.
- GeoConnexion Column
- OSGeo Marketing Discussions
Committee members are eligible to vote. The process to become Committee member is to send a nomination (self nomination is fine) with an introduction of the candidate. The committee will then make a motion at the next meeting.
- Jody Garnett Co-Chair
- Enock Seth Nyamador Co-Chair
- Peter Batty
- Nicolas Bozon
- Astrid Emde
- Alex Mandel
- Peter Mooney
- Adam Steer
- Guido Stein
- David Bitner (occasionally)
- Jeff Johnson
- Harrison Grundy
- Marc Vloemans
- Miguel Montesinos
- Perry Nacionales
- Tim Bowden
Please help list past members here for reference and Kudos
- Cameron Shorter
- Michael P. Gerlek
- Torsten Brassat
- Malena Libman
- Nathalie Mainland
- Tyler Mitchell (chair)
- Jeroen Ticheler
- Daniele Nascimento
- Brian M Hamlin
- Jo Cook
- User:Arnulf Christl
The Marketing Committee oversees the issuing of press releases for the Foundation (Press Release Process). Got some news you think is worthy of an OSGeo press release, or want to help translate some text? Let us know! Past press releases:
- 6 March 2006 - "OSGeo Created"
- Press Release 2006-07-19 "OSGeo at 6-month mark"
- Press Release 2006-10-06 "FOSS4G 2006 Conference Summary"
- Press_Release_2006-10-19 "Tyler selected as ED"
- Press_Release_2007-08-03 "Service Provider Directory Launched"
The Marketing Committee was formerly known as the Promotion and Visibility Committee.