All are welcome to work with and contribute to this committee. There are several ways to get involved and various tools that we use to manage our work.
- Join our mailing list and introduce yourself. Subscribe here. Read the public list archives here.
- Files and documents are stored in an SVN repository located here: http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Static web pages are managed in our Drupal website tools at: http://www.osgeo.org All content development typically takes place in the Wiki and is copied to the static web site once stable.
All pages in this Wiki related to Marketing should be tagged with Category:Marketing.
To promote the Foundation mission, its Projects and Local Chapters.
- 21 June 2012, Marketing Committee Press Release 1 - Calling for "OSGeo Advocate" profiles
Current Marketing Activities
- Exhibition Pack  - nearing completion, Demonstration DVD ongoing
- Marketing Material development see Marketing Material Samples
- Web site design - site/content/layout improvements, site assets
Marketing Pipeline lists the various channels where OSGeo and OSGeo projects are promoted.
The Marketing Committee helps to coordinate the Foundation's presence at tradeshows, conferences, workshops, etc. We can coordinate the booth, supply materials, arrange for speakers, etc. Please see out Event Management page for more information.
Upcoming events are listed on the Category:Events page by adding the Category to the corresponding page.
This needs to be fleshed out and upated --Arnulf Christl 12:49, 17 April 2012 (PDT)
- Public facing documents can be found at: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Documents under development, or historical documents can be found in Subversion under: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Brochures: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Flyers: https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/marketing/
- Presentation Templates: http://www.osgeo.org/visibility
- Library - repository for white papers, presentations etc.
- Case_Studies contains a list of relevant Geospatial Open Source case studies useful for justifying the use of GeoFOSS.
- GeoConnexion Column
- OSGeo Marketing Discussions
Committee members are eligible to vote. The process to become Committee member is to send a nomination (self nomination is fine) with an introduction of the candidate. The committee will then make a motion at the next meeting.
- Jody Garnett Co-Chair
- Enock Seth Nyamador Co-Chair
- Peter Batty
- Nicolas Bozon
- Astrid Emde
- Alex Mandel
- Peter Mooney
- Adam Steer
- Guido Stein
- David Bitner (occasionally)
- Jeff Johnson
- Harrison Grundy
- Marc Vloemans
- Miguel Montesinos
- Perry Nacionales
- Tim Bowden
Please help list past members here for reference and Kudos
- Cameron Shorter
- Michael P. Gerlek
- Torsten Brassat
- Malena Libman
- Nathalie Mainland
- Tyler Mitchell (chair)
- Jeroen Ticheler
- Daniele Nascimento
- Brian M Hamlin
- Jo Cook
- User:Arnulf Christl
Old Press Releases
Past press releases
- 6 March 2006 - "OSGeo Created"
- Press Release 2006-07-19 "OSGeo at 6-month mark"
- Press Release 2006-10-06 "FOSS4G 2006 Conference Summary"
- Press_Release_2006-10-19 "Tyler selected as ED"
- Press_Release_2007-08-03 "Service Provider Directory Launched"
The Marketing Committee was formerly known as the Promotion and Visibility Committee.