Difference between revisions of "Marketing Meeting 2020-11-27"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(7 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 7: Line 7:
 
* Previous meeting:  
 
* Previous meeting:  
 
:* [[Marketing Meeting 2020-10-30]]
 
:* [[Marketing Meeting 2020-10-30]]
 
== Present ==
 
 
  
 
== Agenda ==
 
== Agenda ==
Line 15: Line 12:
 
* budget for next year
 
* budget for next year
 
* check Tickets Website improvements https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues
 
* check Tickets Website improvements https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues
 +
* [[FOSS4G for RUFORUM]]
 
* Events
 
* Events
 
** https://www.osgeo.org/events/
 
** https://www.osgeo.org/events/
** are there events that we could add?
 
* ......please add more topics
 
  
== Minutes ==  
+
== Minutes ==
*
+
=== Present ===
 +
* Scribing: Astrid
 +
* Attending: Enock, Astrid, Jody (part of the meeting), Laura
 +
 
 +
=== budget for 2021 ===
 +
* postponed to January 2021 meeting
 +
 
 +
=== FOSDEM 6 & 7 February 2021 ===
 +
* application for a geospatial devroom by Astird / Luca
 +
* no decision yet
 +
* if accepted we need to find +-20 speaker and moderate 1 day
 +
* https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/
 +
* would be great if we can find more volunteers to help with the event
 +
 
 +
=== Podcast Status ===
 +
* mapscaping: money was paid. Now 4 podcast can run
 +
* If there is interest in our community for more we can extend this program
 +
 
 +
==== Podcast Episodes ====
 +
* RasterFrames - DONE https://mapscaping.com/blogs/the-mapscaping-podcast/raster-frames-making-imagery-a-first-class-citizen-of-apache-spark
 +
:* From Gitter: The MapScaping Podcast did an episode on RasterFrames!! https://plnk.to/MapScaping/e/1000498345866 Thanks go to OSGeo for sponsoring it, and to @jodygarnett for getting RF in the OSGeo catalog.
 +
* GeoServer: IN PROCUCTION Jody
 +
* Daniel contacted GRASS team
 +
* maybe OSGeoLive - '''TODO''': Astrid, Enock contact team and ask
 +
 
 +
=== FOSS4G for RUFORUM ===
 +
* [[FOSS4G for RUFORUM]]
 +
* what is the plan: webinar / monthly / start in March 2021
 +
* ongoing regularly webinars every month with changing topics
 +
* would be great if the presenters could change, attract senior students to get involved
 +
* would be open to the world and recordings on YouTube
 +
* add as resource on osgeo.org
 +
* Release OSGeoLive 14 expected for January 2021
 +
* provide USBs with Version 14 - discuss in 2021
 +
* Maybe good starting date will be March 2021
 +
* TODO Astrid: RUFORUM respond to the thread via email: suggest a call, they can suggest a meeting time 14 UTC and later
 +
 
 +
=== Website Tickets ===
 +
* check Tickets Website improvements https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues
 +
* There are many website tickets and it is not clear who will work on them
 +
* idea to make a sprint with Jody to check the tickets and define actions
 +
* TODO: Enock will contact Jody to ask whether a meeting could be possible (fallback could be Vicky)
 +
 
 +
=== OSGeo Events ===
 +
* we could put more effort in promoting our events
 +
* all team members are invited to publish events
 +
* https://www.osgeo.org/events/
 +
* TODO: Enock, Please add SoTM Africa event: 19-21 November 2021
 +
** https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_Africa_2021
 +
** https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:A_giraffe_with_a_beautiful_background_of_Nairobi_City_Skyline.jpg
 +
 
 +
=== We welcome Laura ===
 +
* Laura joined the marketing meeting. She would like to join the team.
 +
* TODO: Laura sends a mail to the marketing list. Astrid will then make a motion
 +
 
 +
=== MOU ===
 +
* Discussion on MOUs and what activity is done to stay in touch with the partners
 +
* https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_OSGeo_All
 +
* f.e YouthMappers https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_YouthMappers
  
 
===Actions/TODOs===
 
===Actions/TODOs===
*  
+
* TODO Enock will contact Jody to ask whether a meeting could be possible (fallback could be Vicky)
 +
* TODO Enock: Please add SoTM Africa event    19-21 November 2021
 +
** https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_Africa_2021
 +
** https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:A_giraffe_with_a_beautiful_background_of_Nairobi_City_Skyline.jpg
 +
* TODO Enock will contact Jody to ask whether a meeting could be possible (fallback could be Vicky)
 +
* TODO Laura send a mail to the marketing list. Astrid will then make a motion
 +
* TODO Astrid Contact board about communication with Partners from MOUs
 +
* TODO Astrid: RUFORUM respond to the thread via email: suggest a call, they can suggest a meeting time 14 UTC and later
 +
 
 +
== Next meeting==
 +
* [[Marketing_Meeting_2021-01-29]]
 +
* if budget discussion or any urgent topic occurs we can arrange an earlier meeting
  
 
[[Category:Marketing]]
 
[[Category:Marketing]]

Latest revision as of 13:00, 28 November 2020

Meeting Details

Agenda

Minutes

Present

  • Scribing: Astrid
  • Attending: Enock, Astrid, Jody (part of the meeting), Laura

budget for 2021

  • postponed to January 2021 meeting

FOSDEM 6 & 7 February 2021

  • application for a geospatial devroom by Astird / Luca
  • no decision yet
  • if accepted we need to find +-20 speaker and moderate 1 day
  • https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/
  • would be great if we can find more volunteers to help with the event

Podcast Status

  • mapscaping: money was paid. Now 4 podcast can run
  • If there is interest in our community for more we can extend this program

Podcast Episodes

  • GeoServer: IN PROCUCTION Jody
  • Daniel contacted GRASS team
  • maybe OSGeoLive - TODO: Astrid, Enock contact team and ask

FOSS4G for RUFORUM

  • FOSS4G for RUFORUM
  • what is the plan: webinar / monthly / start in March 2021
  • ongoing regularly webinars every month with changing topics
  • would be great if the presenters could change, attract senior students to get involved
  • would be open to the world and recordings on YouTube
  • add as resource on osgeo.org
  • Release OSGeoLive 14 expected for January 2021
  • provide USBs with Version 14 - discuss in 2021
  • Maybe good starting date will be March 2021
  • TODO Astrid: RUFORUM respond to the thread via email: suggest a call, they can suggest a meeting time 14 UTC and later

Website Tickets

  • check Tickets Website improvements https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/issues
  • There are many website tickets and it is not clear who will work on them
  • idea to make a sprint with Jody to check the tickets and define actions
  • TODO: Enock will contact Jody to ask whether a meeting could be possible (fallback could be Vicky)

OSGeo Events

We welcome Laura

  • Laura joined the marketing meeting. She would like to join the team.
  • TODO: Laura sends a mail to the marketing list. Astrid will then make a motion

MOU

Actions/TODOs

Next meeting