Difference between revisions of "Montreal Code Sprint 2011"
|Line 122:||Line 122:|
== Social Events ==
== Social Events ==
* Monday March 14, 2011 @5pm: OSGeo-Québec / Code Sprint "5 à 7" (Ice Breaker). On the 2nd floor of http://www.mcleanspub.com/ 1210 Peel St, Montreal (
* Monday March 14, 2011 @5pm: OSGeo-Québec / Code Sprint "5 à 7" (Ice Breaker). On the 2nd floor of http://www.mcleanspub.com/ 1210 Peel St, Montreal (of the Cantlies Suites hotel )
Revision as of 09:31, 23 February 2011
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Timing
- 3 Venue
- 4 Sponsors
- 5 Budget
- 6 Hotel
- 7 Costs
- 8 Communication
- 9 Participation
- 10 Room Share
- 11 Individual Preparation
- 12 FAQ
- 13 Social Events
- 14 Eating Options
- 15 Getting to the Sprint
- 16 Announcements, News, Recaps
We have started a Montreal Code Sprint 2011 Agenda page for preliminary planning of tasks.
Dates: Tuesday-Friday, March 15-18, from approximately 9am-4pm
Communauté Métropolitaine de Montréal (CMM) 1002, Sherbrooke West, suite 2400, Montreal QC
- 2 large adjacent conference rooms located on 24th floor of a tower with great view of the city (see pictures)
- Possibility to remove the wall between the two rooms to make a single larger room
- RJ-45 and power plugs in the floor
- Larger room: 14 tables for two = 28 person capacity
- Smaller room: 6 tables for two = 12 person capacity
- Possibility to rearrange the tables to fit our needs (e.g. make tables/teams of 6-8 people for instance)
- Projector in each room
- White boards on the wall between the two rooms (become unavailable if we remove the wall)
We will again be looking for sponsors ($750) to support food and fun for the sprinters as they work hard and play hard for four productive days. Each $750 sponsorship will be put towards lunch and dinner costs for the sprinters, and potentially bringing in sprinters who might otherwise be unable to attend.
To sponsor, please contact Daniel Morissette (dmorissette at mapgears dot com) directly.
- Hotel Cantlie Suites, located 1-2 blocks away: Group rate starting at 99$/night + taxes
We have a group reservation. Here's the link to reserve your room:
- English: https://reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/g_reservation.cfm?groupID=544358&hotelID=12608&languageid=1
- Français: https://reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/g_reservation.cfm?groupID=544358&hotelID=12608&languageid=3
Participants should plan for the following costs:
- Travel to Montreal, variable depending on where you are.
- Accommodation for four nights, $200 to $600 depending on what room you choose and whether you room share.
- Breakfast, dinner and other snacks.
- The sponsorship moneys will be put towards: morning snacks, lunches, dinner (1), social event (?)
- Please join the mailing list:
- IRC chat during the event:
We are planning for attendance of 20-40. Please add your name and the projects you are hoping to sprint on, if you have a strong intention to attend.
- Daniel Morissette (MapServer)
- Michael Smith (MapServer, libLAS)
- David Zwarg (PostGIS)
- Jeff Adams (PostGIS)
- Frank Warmerdam (MapServer, GDAL, ...)
- Olivier Courtin (PostGIS - TinyOWS)
- Paul Ramsey (PostGIS)
- Jeff McKenna (MapServer)
- Yewondwossen Assefa (MapServer)
- Alan Boudreault (MapServer)
- Howard Butler (MapServer libLAS GDAL)
- Thomas Bonfort (MapServer)
- Michael P. Gerlek (libLAS, C# tribe)
- Tom Kralidis (MapServer) (Wed-Fri)
- Gérald Fenoy (ZOO-Project)
- Michael Rosen (liblas, gdal)
- Nicolas Bozon (ZOO-Project)
- Steve Lime (MapServer)
- Pierre Racine (PostGIS raster)
- Stephan Meißl (MapServer)
- Zak James (MapServer)
Virtual participants (irc #tosprint)
If you would like to room share,
- Reserve a room at the hotel, choosing a type with more than one bed.
- Put your name in this section, indicating the amount of space in your room.
Put your names below:
- example entry: B has a triple room, needs two roommates.
Special offer: I, Alexandre Leroux, can provide free lodging for the whole event with these parameters: one double bed, private access (we'll let you a key), private kitchen with fridge, private shower and toilet. Internet wifi included. It's a 2-minutes walk from the Snowdon subway station, making it easy to go to the Code Sprint. That would be on the basement of where my wife, daughter and myself live. If interested, contact me directly.
- Bring your own computer
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working development environment if possible.
- Is the Montreal Code Sprint just a coding event?
- Yes, a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in open source projects.
- Will it be possible to present new projects during this event?
- No, this is not a presentation-oriented event. People will get together in small groups and work on areas of mutual interest within their projects.
- Monday March 14, 2011 @5pm: OSGeo-Québec / Code Sprint "5 à 7" (Ice Breaker). On the 2nd floor of http://www.mcleanspub.com/ 1210 Peel St, Montreal (450m South of the Cantlies Suites hotel on Peel Street)
Some locations recommended by locals:
(Please do not hesitate to add locations to this list)
Getting to the Sprint
From Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- ... TBD once the venue is finalized.