Montreal Code Sprint 2011
- 1 Purpose
- 2 Timing
- 3 Venue
- 4 Sponsors
- 5 Budget
- 6 Hotel
- 7 Costs
- 8 Communication
- 9 Participation
- 10 Room Share
- 11 Individual Preparation
- 12 FAQ
- 13 Social Events
- 14 Eating Options
- 15 Getting to the Sprint
- 16 Announcements, News, Recaps
We have started a Montreal Code Sprint 2011 Agenda page for preliminary planning of tasks.
Dates: To be determined, sometimes in January-March 2011
Duration: Four days (over a weekend, Saturday to Tuesday, Friday to Monday, TBD) from approximately 9am-4pm
TBD, please see our call for venues at http://dmorissette.blogspot.com/2010/11/looking-for-venue-in-montreal-for-osgeo.html
We will again be looking for sponsors ($750) to support food and fun for the sprinters as they work hard and play hard for four productive days. Each $750 sponsorship will be put towards lunch and dinner costs for the sprinters, and potentially bringing in sprinters who might otherwise be unable to attend.
To sponsor, please contact Daniel Morissette (dmorissette at mapgears dot com) directly.
Group rates will be negociated and published here when available.
Participants should plan for the following costs:
- Travel to Montreal, variable depending on where you are.
- Accommodation for four nights, $200 to $600 depending on what room you choose and whether you room share.
- Breakfast, dinner and other snacks.
- The sponsorship moneys will be put towards: morning snacks, lunches, dinner (1), social event (?)
- Please join the mailing list:
- IRC chat during the event:
We are planning for attendance of 20-40. Please add your name and the projects you are hoping to sprint on, if you have a strong intention to attend.
Virtual participants (irc #tosprint)
If you would like to room share,
- Reserve a room at the hotel, choosing a type with more than one bed.
- Put your name in this section, indicating the amount of space in your room.
Put your names below:
- example entry: B has a triple room, needs two roommates.
- Bring your own computer
- Install subversion and the compiler tools, and come with a working development environment if possible.
- Is the Montreal Code Sprint just a coding event?
- Yes, a coding and documentation event. It is a working session for people who are already participants in open source projects.
- Will it be possible to present new projects during this event?
- No, this is not a presentation-oriented event. People will get together in small groups and work on areas of mutual interest within their projects.
Some locations recommended by locals:
(Please do not hesitate to add locations to this list)
Getting to the Sprint
From Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- ... TBD once the venue is finalized.