In Wageningen, Netherlands, at AGILE 2017 Conference, the AGILE and the Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) signed a Memorandum of Understanding.
Memorandum of Understanding between the Open Source Geospatial Foundation and the Association of Geographic Information Laboratories in Europe (AGILE)
This Agreement, also known as a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), is entered into on this 11 day of May, 2017, by the Open Source Geospatial Foundation, hereinafter called “OSGeo” and the Association of Geographic Information Laboratories in Europe, hereinafter called “AGILE”.
1. OSGeo and AGILE agree to cooperate in the following activities, which are to their mutual benefit:
- a. Disseminate information, news, and opportunities for each organization to members of the other, using standardised and previously agreed-upon processes and methods;
- b. Exchange information related to educational initiatives in order to
- i. encourage the development and distribution of open access educational resources, curricula, and other materials built using OS tools and services;
- ii. collaborate to develop an online educational material repository and a system to encourage faculty to contribute to that repository;
- iii. utilize and contribute to the GeoForAll network.
- c. Develop a cooperative research agenda for open source geospatial science that
- i. Identifies priority areas and opportunities for open source geospatial research.
- ii. Supports joint proposals between AGILE and OSGeo institutions.
- d. Utilize the webinar platform to develop, share, and exchange ideas and information;
- e. Refer to this MOU in the promotional and communication materials of each organization, such as their websites;
- f. Exchange designated official representatives to the principal annual meeting of each organization. Registration fees for one official representatives will be waived;
- g. Any other activity agreed by the governing bodies of both organizations.
2. This MOU applies to AGILE and OSGeo as organizations in their entirety. It does not provide any individual members of AGILE or OSGeo membership rights in the other (e.g., voting rights or special membership rates at its activities, other than the designated complimentary exchange of official representatives).
3. This MOU between AGILE and OSGeo will be reviewed every two years by the governing bodies of both organizations before being formally renewed, with the understanding that it may be terminated by either organization by providing sixty (60) days’ advance written notice to the other. In the absence of a biennial review by both bodies, it will be assumed that this MOU has lapsed.
Signed on behalf of AGILE council:
Marinos Kavouras, Chairman Martin Raubal, Chairman
Date 11 May, 2017
Signed on behalf of OSGeo Foundation Anita Graser, Director
Date 11 May, 2017
Download the PDF: File:MoU AGILE 2017.pdf (file size: 994 KB, MIME type: application/pdf).