French Language OSGeo Local Chapter Activity Report 2015
- Period covered by report: Jan-Dec 2015
- Authors: OSGeo-fr local chapter community
- Contact name: Etienne Delay - president at osgeo.asso.fr
- The French speaking OSGeo Local Chapter had 269 members on the main Mailing list as of November the 17 .
OSGeo-fr is the legal association to represent OSGeo in the French speaking world. We are running, as OSGeo does, as a low capital association and aims to organize code sprints, events and user meeting. We are working also to provide french translation of documentation for all OSGeo project.
- We support Qgis user Days in Montpellier (10 - 11 December)
- Ongoing work on various projects like QGIS, MapServer (still lagging behind from master documentation though), GDAL-OGR.
- A firt "Translation Sprint" (10 - 16 July) as a test. We would like revive the experience at a bigger scale in 2016.
- Legal association
- we migrated association status on github.
Areas for Improvement
We wish enlarge our volunteers base. We wish get new members more involved in our process, (translating software and documentation, event organisation).
Outlook for 2016
- We are organizing our 2nd FOSS4G-fr (workshops and conferences). The organisation is currently running smoothly and surely, involving new people and getting traction.
- We wish organize a translation sprint in july.