This page describes how to access and describes one way to create the OSGeo-Live Presentation and Video.
- Slides, script and abstract
- en: https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/en/presentation/
- de: https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive-doc/blob/master/de/presentation/
Other OSGeo-Live Presentations
- December 2012, Open Source Developers Conference, Sydney, Australia
- Presenter: Cameron Shorter
- Adjusted slides to target an Open Source rather than Geospatial audience. Slimmed the presentation down to 25 minutes, by skimming through some projects quickly.
- November 2012, GFOSSDAY, Torino
- Presenter: Luca Delucchi
- A rapid outline of OSGeo-Live at a plenary session to celebrate the italian translation
- Used the presentation of Jorge Sanz, presentation link
- September 2012, OSGIS UK, Nottingham
- Presenter: Barry Rowlingson
- A rapid outline of OSGeo-Live at a plenary session to celebrate the release of 6.0
- Used the presentation from SVN, updated with new screen shots, added commentary to slide notes, SVN-upped
- March 2012, Spanish FOSS4G. December 2011, 7th gvSIG Conf
- Authors: Jorge Sanz, Pedro-Juan Ferrer
- In Spanish: http://jorgesanz.net/slides/girona-0312-osgeo-live/osgeo-live.html
- In English: http://jorgesanz.net/slides-201209-geocamp (repo)
- What is the OSGeo LiveDVD and project
- The point of view of a local chapter: How the Spanish Local chapter has worked on translations
- The point of view of a software project: How gvSIG has worked on the project.
- June 2011, "Memoirs of a Cat Herder - Coordinating OSGeo-Live volunteers", GeoRabble (10 minute talks)
- Author: Cameron Shorter
- The key success factors OSGeo-Live has used to attract and manage volunteers for OSGeo-Live
- Also a bit about the project
About the OSGeo-Live Presentation
We have created a half hour presentation, which provides a brief introduction the OSGeo Foundation, OGC standards, and starting the DVD. It then provides a lightning (20 second) overview of all applications installed on this DVD, which effectively provides a birds eye view of the breadth of robust GeoSpatial Open Source Software available.
We hope this presentation will be useful for people preparing presentations about geospatial open source.
We aim to update the presentation in conjunction with the update of the OSGeo-Live documentation. If you wish to help update the presentation, please contact us on the OSGeo-Live email list.
Building the Powerpoint slides
The slides simply contain a title, and a screen shot which is copied from the Project Overviews.
Building the script
The script is derived primarily from the first paragraph or two of the Project Overviews, adjusted slightly to ensure that the script flows well between slides.
Building the video on ubuntu
I'm sure there is an easier way to create a video, but here are steps which have worked so far.
- Create Images of Slides
- Install "shutter", an application for taking screen shots
sudo apt-get install shutter
- Change Screen Resolution to 1024x768
- Use shutter to take screen shot of each Open Office slide.
- Audio recording
- Use XXX to record the script for each slide
- Use Kdenlive to cut and paste the audio and video together