OSGeo Budget 2019
OSGeo board operates according to our bylaws providing vision and direction for our foundation. The board has also taken on responsibility setting for an annual budget, building partner relationships, sponsorship program and code sprints.
|Admin||3,000||Operational expenses including insurance, tax filing fees, accountant, bank fees.|
|Partners and Sponsors||2,000||relationship building, attending b2b functions, foss4g/foss4ge/foss4gna/foss4g-asia breakfast meetings|
|Code Sprints||20,500||board responsible for handling code sprint requests, breakdown covered below|
|Events||10,000||Consider supporting events, to avoid confusing code sprint program above|
The following committees have been formed to fulfill out goals as an organization, each committee is provided a mandate, with the chair of the committee represented as an officer of our organization.
- Code of Conduct Committee
- Conference Committee
- GeoForAll - committee acting as advisory board for the GeoForAll Initiative
- Incubation Committee - committee providing hands-on support for project teams adopting open source principles and practice.
- Marketing Committee - outreach and advocacy support
- Open GeoScience Committee
- System Administration Committee - foundation infrastructure
- UN Committee - committee responsible for our participation in the UN Open GIS program
|Open GeoScience||TBD||pending request|
|Conference||pending request, expect TGP request|
|Marketing||TBD||pending request, not no active chair|
|UN Committee||TBD||Pending request|
|OSGeo Incubation||TBD||focused on incubation, community projects broken out separately below|
Total Committees Budget for 2019: TBD
OSGeo initiatives have formed to pursue a specific short term, or long term goal. Initiatives maybe formed by a committee or the board as required. Iniativies a great way to collaborate with projects, committees and partners.
- GeoForAll - education and research program produced in collaboration with our partners
- FOSS4G - event series produced in collaboration with the conference committee and local chapters
- Local Chapters - outreach initiative establishing regional OSGeo groups for direct grassroots advoacacy
- Open GeoScience - outreach and advocacy geoscience community
- GSoC - coordinate participation in google-summer-of-code and code-in activities
- OSGeoLive - outreach initiative providing
- Meta CRS - interoperability initiative promoting data sharing with cross project spatial reference system compatibility
- Trave Grant Program - provides assistance for attending OSGeo events
|FOSS4G||Managed by Conference Committee|
|Local Chapters||Managed by board, no direct funding requests|
|Open GeoScience||Managed by Open Geo Science Committee|
|GSoC||Previously had requests to help students attend events|
|OSGeoLive||0||Now an initiative of the OSGeoLive project|
|Meta CRS||Critical group for our interoperability goal, ask participants if they need any assistance|
|Travel Grant Program||TBD||Previous years used 10k commitment + 10k matching sponsor donations|
Total Initiatives Budget for 2019: TBD
OSGeo Projects each have a project steering committee, the chair of which is acknowledged as a foundation officer with spending authority on behalf of their committee.
- Note this is a budget, representing planned spending in 2019 - actual balance available to each PSC (from fundraising, donations and sponsorship) may be considered when planning.
|MapGuide Open Source|
Total Projects Budget for 2019: TBD
Community projects, including those in incubation, are included in the incubation committee budget:
|Community Project||2016||2017||2017 Actual||2018||Notes|
|ZOO-Project||2,000||2,000||3,000||2018: Guidance: coordinate with incubation committee|
|PyWPS||2,000||Plans 2018: 2000e Bonn code sprint|
|pgRouting||500||2018: (TODO) traveling expenses for FOSS4G 2018|
Total Community Projects Budget for 2018: $7500 The above funds are approved as Incubation Committee budget.
We have asked project teams for guidance to help set our code sprint budget:
- please note our Code Sprint Guidelines ask for event details, budget and fundraising on your part.
- Code sprint funding is setup to help carry funds from one event to the next allowing us to hold more code-sprints with a smaller annual budget.
- Out priority is to share the risk with organizers allowing access to funds early to book facilities as required
- We had requests to fund sprints that were part of larger events, these escaped our 2017 planning but were still funded to the best of our abilities
|OSGeo annual code sprint||5,000 EUR||3,000||3,000||2,000*||Bonn 2018: * prior funding available from the Vienna sprint|
|GeoServer||2,000||2,000||3,000||3,000||Plans 2018: currently planning|
|FOSS4GE Code Sprint||1,000|
|GeoTools Code Sprint||4000 request withdrawn|
|GRASS Code Sprint||3,500|
|PostGIS Code Sprint||2,000|
|Bolsena Code Sprint||https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Bolsena_Code_Sprint_2017|
|Small Code Sprints||10,000||Budget available for further supporting OSGeo Code Sprints around the world|
Total Code Sprint Budget for 2018: $20,500. These funds are approved as part of the board budget for 2018.
Approval and Amendments
- Budget Meeting: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-12-23
- Amendments: From OSGeo UK
- $1,500 For GeoServer PSC
- $1,500 For Travel Grant Program