OSGeo California Chapter 2015 Annual Meeting
Every year the California OSGeo Chapter is required to have an annual meeting. Our 2015 Annual Meeting is scheduled for January 23, 2016 at UC Davis.
- 9:30AM to 10:00Am = Welcome! Snacks (incl. Coffee), name tags, and mingling
- 10:00AM to 10:30AM = Discussion: Using Open Source in your Workflow - OSGeo California Team & You!
- 10:30AM to 11:00AM = Landon Blake - Scanning Mission San Miguel - terrestrial laser scanning
- 11:00AM to 11:30AM = Michele Tobias - Literature Mapper: QGIS + Zotero using Python
- 11:30AM to 12:00PM = Lightning Talks: (1) Alex Mandel - Geopackage Format, (2) Ragi Burhum (tentative) - leveraging Docker for reducing dependency pain, (3) Matt Connor - UC Davis Library Data Efforts, (4) Ani Ghosh - Remote Sensing with Python, (5) ___.
- 12:00PM to 1:30PM = Lunch in Downtown (or brown bag) - OSGeo Team Discussion: Conference Attendance, Participation, Etc.
- 1:30PM to 2:00PM = Organizing UnConference Sessions
- 2:00PM to 4:00PM = UnConference Sessions
UnConference Ideas: What is an UnConference? Participants organize themselves into groups interested in a particular topic to have discussions and informal learning sessions. For example, a group might decided to explore data sources, and another group might discuss drone systems. We'll explain more and organize on the day of the event.
- Geospatial Jobs Discussion
- Map Gallery
- Using Software - QGIS, R, Etc.
- Maptime Sacramento - Special Davis Session?
- Cartography Tools - Inkscape
- Cartography Sprint
- Missing Maps
- Drone & Kite Photography
- Open Source Contributing
Directions & Parking
Hunt 142 - Enter via the building Courtyard, otherwise doors are likely locked.
Parking is Free so long as you don't park in reserved spot. Next to the tennis courts and the structure across the street offer plenty of Parking.
Map for Directions
Unitrans and take a bus to the MU (Memorial Union), right next to the meeting. Only $1
Out of Town
Amtrak Capital Corridor stops in Davis, though not many times on weekends. Get a free Transfer (ask on the train) to Unitrans and take a bus to the MU (Memorial Union), right next to the meeting. Or bring your bike on the train.
Yolobus from Sacramento or Woodland, 42 stops at the MU (Memorial Union), right next to the meeting.
Links to previous meetings: