OSGeo Code Sprint 2018
Annual Code Sprint comes to Bonn (Germany) in 2018!
In 2018 we once again want to invite you to Bonn to meet for codesprint at Basecamp! ....
Bring together project members to make decisions and tackle larger geospatial problems as in previous years:
- Daytona_Beach (2017)
- Paris (2016)
- Philadelphia (2015)
- Vienna (2014)
- Boston (2013)
- Island Wood (Seattle) (2012)
- Montreal (2011)
- New York City (2010)
- Toronto (2009)
Dates and Times
- Sprint: Sunday-Sunday, March 18 to 25, 2018 (8 days - Arrival/Departure Sundays)
Other Events from January to March 2018
- OSGeo's 12th birthday Feb 4
- FOSDEM 3-4 Feb https://fosdem.org/2018/
- FOSS4G IT 19-22 Feb http://foss4g-it2018.gfoss.it/
- QGis Hackfest 21-25 Feb, 2018
- FOSSGIS 21-24 March https://www.fossgis-konferenz.de/2018/
- please add your event
- Nearby Hotel: Bonnox http://www.bonnox.de/en/
- Max Hotel cheap and in the center
How to get there
- From Bonn Main station take the U-Trains (Underground platform) 16, 63 or 68. Get off after 6 min at stop Dt. Telekom / Ollenhauerstr.
- online public transport planner
- Coming from the highway A59 Basecamp is located at the end of the highway A562. For navigation systems it is best to type Basecamp's address: "In der Raste 3, 53129 Bonn")
(i.e what do you wish/want/plan to work on during the sprint ?)
- GRASS GIS project: See dedicated Wiki page
We are planning for attendance of ~50. Please add your name and the projects you are planning to sprint and note the likeliness of your attendance.
|1||Jeff McKenna||CA||jmckenna(at)osgeo.org||OSGeo||MapServer, MS4W, ZOO-Project||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||shared accommodation|
|2||Howard Butler||USemail@example.com||Hobu, Inc.||Proj.4, PDAL, GDAL, Point clouds||x||x||x||x||x||No thank you.|
|3||Even Rouault||FR||even.rouault(at)spatialys.com||Spatialys||Proj.4, GDAL, MapServer||x||x||x||x||x||BaseCamp if possible|
|4||Markus Neteler||DE||neteler(at)osgeo.org||mundialis||GRASS GIS (Proj.4, GDAL, OTB, QGIS)||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||preferably|
|5||Gérald Fenoy||FR||gerald.fenoy(at)geolabs.fr||GeoLabs||MS4W, ZOO-Project||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||shared accommodation|
|6||Stephan Meißl||AT||stephan(at)meissl.name||EOX||MapServer, EOxServer||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||BaseCamp|
|7||Martin Landa||CZ||landa.martin(at)gmail.com||CTU in Prague||GRASS GIS (Proj.4, GDAL, PostGIS, QGIS)||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||BaseCamp|
|8||Connor Manning||USfirstname.lastname@example.org||Hobu, Inc.||Entwine, Greyhound, PDAL, Point clouds||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|9||Markus Schütz (probably)||ATemail@example.com||TU Wien||Potree, point clouds||x||x||x||x||x|
|10||Tom Kralidis||CA||tomkralidis(at)gmail.com||self||pycsw, OWSLib, pygeometa, MapServer, geocatalogo||x||x||x||x||x||tbd||sure|
|11||Angelos Tzotsos||GR||tzotsos(at)osgeo.org||OSGeo||pycsw, OSGeoLive, GeoNode, UbuntuGIS, geocatalogo, OTB, ZOO-Project||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||x||tbd||probably|
|12||Jorge Samuel Mendes de Jesus||NL||jorge.dejesus(at)geocat.net||Geocat||pywps||x||x||x||x||x||x||tbd||NO!|
|14||Luís de Sousa||PT & NL||luis.de.sousa(at)protonmail.ch||ISRIC||PyWPS, GRASS||x||x||x||x||x||x||BaseCamp|
- Please join the mailing list: http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/tosprint
- IRC chat during the event: #tosprint Server: irc.freenode.net
- Twitter: #TOSprint ( https://twitter.com/search?q=tosprint )
Participants should plan for the following costs:
- Travel to Bonn
- Accommodation for x nights
All other costs - food, outings and entertainment - should/will be covered by the sponsors
- Bring your own laptop
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (photo: Germany). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install GIT and compiler tools, and come with a working development environment
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) has a long tradition of organizing code sprints for developers of Open Source GIS software. (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Code_Sprints).
Simultaneously with the FOSSGIS Conference 2018 in Bonn an international code sprint of the OSGeo will take place from 19 to 25 March 2018. We expect about 80 developers from all over the world to come from various  projects. Whether desktop application, geospatial library, metadata catalog or web mapping: be sure to find products in the list that you use. Thus, the Code Sprint is also an opportunity for your developers to meet with the core developers of the projects, get a deeper insight into the software and participate in the development.
The code sprint will take place at BaseCamp in Bonn. During the FOSS4G 2016 in Bonn we have already organized a code sprint at this location, in which about 100 developers worked on the open source projects every day. (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2016_Code_Sprint)
In addition to the costs of providing the technical infrastructure, the cost of food and drinks for the developers is the main cost. A buffet at lunchtime and drinks during the whole day are intended.
In order to cover the costs, we would be very pleased about further sponsors!
What we offer:
- Your logo on top of the websites of the Code Sprint 1 as well as on all official documents around the Code Sprint
- Mention in all code sprint related mails
- Our undying gratitude, which comes in handy when you least expect it (Remember that feature you wanted...)
Our sponsorship levels:
- Gold: >= 2500 USD
- Silver: 1500 USD
- Bronze: 750 USD
- get your company talking to the top developers of the scene!
- enable your GIS developers to take advantage of this opportunity, there is no better opportunity to learn!
- support the software you use - you benefit immediately.
Thank you very much!
Contact: To sponsor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
- Supported by