Difference between revisions of "OSGeo Community Sprint 2021"
|Line 54:||Line 54:|
Revision as of 10:34, 15 January 2020
Annual Code Sprint comes to Athens (Greece) in 2020!
Bring together project members to make decisions and tackle larger geospatial problems as in previous years:
- Minnesota (2019)
- Bonn (2018)
- Daytona_Beach (2017)
- Paris (2016)
- Philadelphia (2015)
- Vienna (2014)
- Boston (2013)
- Island Wood (Seattle) (2012)
- Montreal (2011)
- New York City (2010)
- Toronto (2009)
Sponsoring Find out about Sponsoring the Event.
- Venue Sponsor
- Gold Sponsors
- Silver Sponsors
- Bronze Sponsors
Dates and Times
- Date: May 25-29 (5 days)
- Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm each day
Other Events from January to September 2020
- FOSS4G 2020, August 24-29 in Calgary, Canada
- FOSS4G Europe 2020, July 13-18 (?) in Valmiera, Latvia
- please add your event
(i.e what do you wish/want/plan to work on during the sprint ?)
- Work towards 14.0 release in August
Please add your name and the projects you are planning to sprint and note the likeliness of your attendance.
|No||Name||Country||Organisation||Projects||Mon||Tue||Wed||Thu||Fri||Accommodation||Likelihood||Food Restrictions||social event|
|1||Angelos Tzotsos||GR||tzotsos(at)osgeo.org||OSGeo||pycsw, OSGeoLive, GeoNode, UbuntuGIS, pygeoapi, OTB||x||x||x||x||x||booked||Organizer :)||No||x|
|2||Tom Kralidis||CA||tomkralidis at gmail.com||self||pycsw, OWSLib, pygeoapi, GeoHealthCheck, MapServer, other geopython projects||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||Likely||No||x|
|3||Michael Smith||US||michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com||US Army Corps||PDAL, MapServer, proj, GDAL||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||Likely||No||x|
|4||Daniel Morissette||CA||dmorissette at mapgears.com||Mapgears||MapServer, GDAL/OGR, MapML||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||Very Likely||No||x|
|5||Vicky Vergara||MX||vicky at georepublic.de||Georepublic, OSGeo||pgRouting, OSGeoLive||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||Very Likely||No fish||x|
|6||Markus Neteler||DE||neteler at mundialis.de||mundialis||GRASS GIS,...||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||Likely||No||x|
|7||Stephan Meißl||AT||stephan.meissl at eox.at||EOX IT Services GmbH||MapServer, EOxServer||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||Very likely||No||x|
|8||Paul Ramsey||CA||pramsey at cleverelephant.ca||Crunchy Data||PostGIS, GEOS||?||x||x||x||x||TBD||Very likely||No||x|
|9||Piero Toffanin||US||pt at uav4geo.com||OpenDroneMap||OpenDroneMap, PDAL, rio-tiler, DroneDB||?||x||x||x||x||TBD||Very likely||No||x|
|10||Howard Butler||USemail@example.com||Hobu, Inc.||PDAL, Entwine, DroneDB, GDAL, PROJ||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||Very likely||No||x|
|11||Connor Manning||USfirstname.lastname@example.org||Hobu, Inc.||Entwine, PDAL||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||Very likely||No||x|
|12||Christos Iossifides||GR||chiossif (at) gmail.com||NTUA||GRASS GIS||x||x||x||x||x||booked||Very likely||No||x|
|13||Brad Chambers||US||brad.chambers at gmail.com||Grover Consulting Services||PDAL||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||Very likely||No||x|
|14||Nicolas Roelandt||FR||roelandtn.pro (at) gmail.com||self||OSGeoLive||x||x||x||x||x||TBD||likely||No||x|
- Please join the mailing list: https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/tosprint
- IRC chat during the event: #tosprint Server: irc.freenode.net
- Gitter channel: https://gitter.im/OSGeo/Sprint
Participants should plan for the following costs:
- Travel to Athens
- Accommodation for x nights
- Bring your own laptop
- Bring your power connector adapter if needed (photo: Greece). See also http://www.power-plugs-sockets.com/
- Install Git and compiler tools, and come with a working development environment
The Open Source Geospatial Foundation (OSGeo) has a long tradition of organizing code sprints for developers of Open Source GIS software. (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:Code_Sprints).
An international community/code sprint for OSGeo will take place May 25-29, 2020.
We expect about 80 developers from all over the world to come from various OSGeo projects. Whether desktop application, geospatial library, metadata catalog or web mapping: be sure to find products in the list that you use. The sprint is also an opportunity for your developers to meet with the core developers of the projects, get a deeper insight into the software and participate in the development.
This years' sprint will take place in Athens and will be hosted by Municipality of Athens and organized by members of the local OSGeo Greek chapter.
In addition to the costs of providing the technical infrastructure and space, food and drink for the developers represents the main cost. Morning/afternoon meals and drinks during the day are planned. In addition, we hope to provide several evening meals and social events.
In order to cover these costs we would be overjoyed to accept offers of sponsorship!
What we can offer:
- Your logo on top of the community sprint website as well as on all official documents used during the sprint
- Acknowledgement in all sprint related emails
- Our undying gratitude, which comes in handy when you least expect it (remember that feature you wanted?)
Our sponsorship levels:
- Gold: >= 2500 USD
- Silver: 1500 USD
- Bronze: 750 USD
- get your company talking to the top project developers.
- encourage your GIS developers to take advantage of this opportunity, there is no better opportunity to learn!
- support the software you use - you benefit immediately.
Thank you very much!
Contact: To sponsor, please contact email@example.com directly.
We are looking forward to the next OSGeo Code Sprint!