OSGeo member page instruction
The OSGeo Member list is unofficial. If it works out someone might want to make a motion that something along this line will document each user's OSGeo's official Membership Process.
First, create a user on this Wiki. Then add some information about yourself on your user page (must be logged in). You may input your latitude and longitude on your user page. Read the discussion page to see what could be done with those coordinates. Hack it if you feel like it. Watch out for Axis Order Confusion when you do it.
To be listed on this page, you can add the [[Category:OSGeo Member]] category tag to your user page, but it might be better to follow the instructions in the Naming section below.
Publish your real name instead of your User:name
If you want your name to appear in the list, rather than the User: prefix and your OSGeo userid, follow these steps:
- Construct a URL consisting of "http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/" plus your name, where spaces in your name are replaced by underscore (_) characters. For example, if your name was "First Last", the URL would be "http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Nazzareno_Diodato"
- Visit that URL. If you get a page that says "There is currently no text in this page, you can search for this page title in other pages or edit this page", then 'your' page doesn't yet exist, and you can proceed with the next step. If you find that the page does already exist, then you will have to go back to the prior step and select a 'different name' (e.g. perhaps add your middle initial).
- Select the "edit this page" link. You now have to to this page:
- A redirect to your user page. For example, if your user page is at [[User:FLast]], then add this line:
- Now save your new page.
Publish your membership to local chapters, committees and other sub groups
- Visit the URL created in the previous instruction Redirect.
- Select the "edit this page" link.
- Tag this page so that it appears in the requested OSGeo Membership list(s).
You do that by for instance adding this line:
to get listed in the OSGeo Member list.
to be shown in the Local Chapter: Nederland. Before Setting the category for your Local Chapter, check the list of Local Chapters.
In this case, do not add a [[Category:OSGeo Member]] tag to your user page.
To appear on the user map, just follow the instructions in UserMap Documentation.