Os tools for os
This page is intended as a central location for ideas feeding into creating open source tools for interacting with Ordnance Survey data / products.
Astun Technology and Faunalia are working on a set of tools to convert Ordnance Survey's GML based data sets to PostGIS or Shapefile.
Feel free to add possible features here for a QGIS plugin to allow users to easily interact with OS products
Ideas for features
- Ability for users to paste emails from OpenData ordering site into QGIS and have QGIS download and store the data in a sensible manner
- Feature to generate "extents" for each dataset to quickly determine what data coverage the user currently has
- Easily convert compressed GML into shapefile or PostGIS
- Manage a local PostGIS database of mastermap data
- Handle updates of OS data (OpenData and other)
- A gazateer plugin to be able to easily type in a place name to get QGIS to zoom to that location