The host is reachable by ssh at osgeo6.osgeo.osuosl.org.
Anyone in the https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/auth/ldap_shell.py has ssh access, and anyone in this group can add new people via the link. Sudo access can be provided by existing sudoer's by adding folks to the sudoers group in /etc/group, though it is normal practice to try and only extend sudo access to one user per project.
It is a shared environment and it is important that folks making changes on the system be aware of the impact they might have on other hosted services. Apache changes should be made carefully and needfully. Think about security!
See SAC#Communication in case of troubles or quick questions
Services hosted on osgeo6
All websites are served by Apache
|grass.osgeo.org||/var/www/grass/grass-cms||admined by User:Neteler, martinL||BackupOg6 bacula job||based on CMSMS; GRASS GIS infrastructure explained here, also enabled LetsEncrypt|
|grasswiki.osgeo.org||/var/www/grass/grass-wiki||admined by User:Neteler, martinL||BackupOg6 bacula job||own MediaWiki, also enabled LetsEncrypt|
|www.geotools.org||/var/www/geotools/web||SAC !?||BackupOg6 bacula job||/home/geotools/ available, but corresponding OSGeo LDAP user account missing|
|docs.geotools.org||/var/www/geotools/docs||SAC !?||BackupOg6 bacula job||/home/geotools/ available, but corresponding OSGeo LDAP user account missing|
|old.geotools.org||/var/www/geotools/wiki||SAC !?||BackupOg6 bacula job||/home/geotools/ available, but corresponding OSGeo LDAP user account missing|
|www.featureserver.org||/var/www/featureserver/website||admined by User:Warmerda||BackupOg6 bacula job||Not yet active, pending Python/GEOS issues|
|geos.osgeo.org||/var/www/geos/geos-web||admined by User:Warmerda||BackupOg6 bacula job||Just a redirect to Trac|
|www.tilecache.org||/var/www/tilecache/docs||SAC !?||BackupOg6 bacula job|
|www.gdal.org||/var/www/gdal/gdal-web/||admined by User:Warmerda||BackupOg6 bacula job||CRON-job migrated as well, also enabled LetsEncrypt|
|www.mapserver.org||/var/www/mapserver.org/||admined by Jeff McKenna||BackupOg6 bacula job||also enabled LetsEncypt|
|drone.osgeo.org (this has been replaced by dronie.osgeo.org which is on osgeo7)||/var/www/drone.osgeo.org||admined by User:Strk||Continuous Integration for Gitea||reverse-proxy to Drone server server, also enabled LetsEncrypt|
|https://lists.osgeo.org||admin||Web interface for managing Mailman||also enabled LetsEncypt|
- used for GRASS GIS Wiki (maintained by Martin Landa and Markus Neteler)
- used for GRASS CMS ? (to be confirmed)
- backed up via bacula in BackupOg6 job (see /osgeo/backup)
- admin user credentials found in ~root/.my.cnf
Postfix SMTP server
- Central OSGeo MX running Postfix (includes @osgeo.org aliases in /etc/aliases)
# edit /etc/aliases # git diff # and git commit (please set GIT_AUTHOR_NAME/GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL envs) # newaliases # postfix reload
- SAC:Mailing Lists - mailman configuration for lists.osgeo.org.
- monthly cronjob "OSGeo mailman server unique subscribers", run as root user with scripts in /home/neteler/osgeo_mailman_stats/*.sh
As of April 2017 PostgreSQL 9.6 is installed from pgdg packages and a new cluster was added to host the database for the Drone service (in progress)
- LetsEncrypt was configured by Jeff McKenna on 2018-07-27 for mapserver.org, gdal.org, grass.osgeo.org, grasswiki.osgeo.org, drone.osgeo.org, and lists.osgeo.org using certbot-auto
- careful: check the conf files in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ to make sure that the VirtualHost settings do not include something like <VirtualHost _default_:443> and instead should point to the IP such as <VirtualHost 188.8.131.52:443> or else the certificate loaded will always default to mapserver.org
- certbot-auto lives in /usr/local/sbin.
- to add more sites, run the command:
certbot-auto --apache -d mapserver.org -d www.mapserver.org
- a cronjob (certbot-auto renew) was created to check for renewal twice a day
- also enabled for geos.osgeo.org on by Jeff McKenna on 2018-10-01
As of Feb 2017 backup is performed by bacula, with the BackupOg6 job, which includes the whole /var/www, /etc, /osgeo, /var/lib/mysql and more files (see SAC:Backups for info about figuring out more).
A dump of each mysql database is also stored as a separate file under /osgeo (created during the backup phase).
CPU: 2 x Intel Xeon E5-2620v3, 2.4 GHz (6-Core, HT, 15MB Cache, 85W) 22nm RAM: 128GB (8 x 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered 2R 1.2V DIMMs) Operating at 2133 MT/s Max NIC: Dual Intel i210 Gigabit Ethernet Controllers - Integrated Management: Integrated IPMI 2.0 & KVM over LAN Controller: 10 Ports 6Gb/s SATA (Intel C612 Chipset) PCIe 3.0 x8: No Item Selected NOTE: Hot-swap and fixed drives will be connected to SATA3 controller (C612) unless otherwise specified Hot-Swap Drive - 1: 80GB Intel DC S3500 Series MLC (6Gb/s, 0.3 DWPD) 2.5" SATA SSD Hot-Swap Drive - 2: 80GB Intel DC S3500 Series MLC (6Gb/s, 0.3 DWPD) 2.5" SATA SSD Hot-Swap Drive - 3: 480GB Intel DC S3500 Series MLC (6Gb/s, 0.3 DWPD) 2.5" SATA SSD Hot-Swap Drive - 4: 480GB Intel DC S3500 Series MLC (6Gb/s, 0.3 DWPD) 2.5" SATA SSD Hot-Swap Drive - 5: 480GB Intel DC S3500 Series MLC (6Gb/s, 0.3 DWPD) 2.5" SATA SSD Hot-Swap Drive - 6: 480GB Intel DC S3500 Series MLC (6Gb/s, 0.3 DWPD) 2.5" SATA SSD Optical Drive: No Item Selected
3 year warranty starting on May 4,2015 ending on May 4,2018