Difference between revisions of "Oskari Incubation Application"
Revision as of 07:32, 12 December 2016
1. Please provide the name and email address of the principal Project Owner.
2. Please provide the names and emails of co-project owners (if any).
3. Please provide the names, emails and entity affiliation of all official committers
4. Please describe your Project.
5. Why is hosting at OSGeo good for your project?
6. What type of application does this project represent(client, server, standalone, library, etc.):
7. Please describe any relationships to other open source projects.
8. Please describe any relationships with commercial companies or products.
9. Which open source license(s) will the source code be released under?
10. Is there already a beta or official release?
11. What is the origin of your project (commercial, experimental, thesis or other higher education, government, or some other source)?
12. Does the project support open standards? Which ones and to what extent? (OGC, w3c, ect.) Has the software been certified to any standard (CITE for example)? If not, is it the intention of the project owners to seek certification at some point?
13. Is the code free of patents, trademarks, and do you control the copyright?
14. How many people actively contribute (code, documentation, other?) to the project at this time?
15. How many people have commit access to the source code respository?
16. Approximately how many users are currently using this project?
17. What type of users does your project attract (government, commercial, hobby, academic research, etc. )?
18. If you do not intend to host any portion of this project using the OSGeo infrastructure, why should you be considered a member project of the OSGeo Foundation?
19. Does the project include an automated build and test?
20. What language(s) are used in this project? (C/Java/perl/etc)
21. What is the dominant written language (i.e. English, French, Spanish, German, etc) of the core developers?
22. What is the (estimated) size of a full release of this project? How many users do you expect to download the project when it is released?