PDX OSGEO 20130717 Meeting
Link back to PDX-OSGeo
Time and Location
- July 17th, 6-8pm
- Renewable Funding
- 400 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 902
- Portland, OR 97204 USA
- If you arrive after 6pm, please buzz the security guard, who will open the doors and let you up to the 9th floor.
- The office is through the double doors immediately to the left after exiting the elevators.
- FOSS4G - PDX and DC tied/confused, email list announcement
- OSM building import plan for Portland (and beyond)
- Proposed T-Shirt order
- Justin will talk about the new Geo Stuff in GitHub
- 10, August, Anniversary of Open Streetmap (the 9th) -- a map party that day, else after labor day?
Attending: Neil Revello (City of Portland), Rob Denner (GeoCEG), Darrell Furhman (Renewable Funding), Justin Palmer, Katie, Tanya Haddad (OCMP), Rafa Gutierez, Grant Humphries (Trimet), Justin Miller (Mapbox), Daniel, Eli Adam (Lincoln County), Chris Jones (Mapbox) Ian Irvine (Meridian)
- FOSS4G Bid: Somehow the vote is a tie.
- T-Shirt Orders: Eli is offering to consolidate a Cafepress order for us so we can save on shipping and defray the costs a bit (using marketing team money). Please let Eli know if you want a T-shirt for use when you are volunteering at the booth. You can check out the shirts here: http://www.cafepress.com/osgeo/1752234 and here: http://www.cafepress.com/osgeo/1752334
- OpenStreetMap Building and Address import topic:
Darrell has begun a wiki page outlining the process here: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Portland,_OR_Bldg_import
Basically we want to work with the best available building and address data from the city, and create the features that do not already exist in OSM, attach the appropriate tags (based on what we can augment from open RLIS information) and then bring this into