PDX OSGEO Local Chapter Recognition
- Name (once we decide, I'll start the page on the OSGeo wiki):
- Region of group.
Match OR-URISA (Oregon and SW Washington). Cugos gave us Oregon so we are clear of overlap (some rounding needed).
- "OSGeo Chapter" should prepare a mission and objectives indicating
the scope of the planned chapter (geographic or linguistic extent for instance). >With thanks and apologies to CUGOS (http://cugos.org/), here is a rough initial draft. The OSGeo PDX-OSGEO Chapter strives to promote the local use of Open Source Geospatial software, particularly new users in the Oregon/SW Washington area. The group hosts monthly meetings providing presentation, discussion, and educational opportunities and focuses on materializing an annual Open Source GIS unconference.
- “OSGeo Chapter” should propose an official representative to liaise
with the OSGeo Board. If accepted by the board, the representative will be an officer of OSGeo.
Percyswitched to Eli
- List of initial members.
- Opt-in. Darrell will use google form to have people sign up. We thought opt in was less evil than opt out.
- Email list, website, wiki, etc.
- For now stay with google groups for email
- Darrell registered pdxosgeo.org
- Here is the wiki
- We considered switching to OSGEO mailman infrastructure, however, think that we may lose email list members.