PDX OSGEO Meeting Planning
- Meeting planning has been done loosely by an ad hoc group of varying people as needed and as schedules permitted. That has not always worked entirely smoothly.
- Recent sentiment has been that the planner's list is unnecessary, and that planning for future meetings should be done in the general list.
Plan for future
Make a planners email listsee planners list
- Document what it takes to plan a meeting
- Make sure all interested members can plan a meeting
Specific time line example
- 1-2 months in advance
- Get a presenter, discussion topic, or some other meeting event
- (Tim and Ecotrust are often working on something fun if you need ideas)
- Email this to planners list
- Determine a location (Ecotrust, Renewable Funding, Flightstats, and PSU are generally options)
- 2-3 weeks in advance
- Email the planners list what you are doing for the meeting and call for others to pick up the rest
- Post on Calagator
- 1 week in advance
- Make an Agenda Page on the wiki
- Email the group list that there is a meeting. Include the time, place, agenda link, and any other relevant details
- Day before or day of
- Send another reminder email?
- (We are thinking of having pizza every meeting, if so, then) order pizza?
- At meeting
- Take attendance
- Take notes in wiki
Meeting notes can be added to Agenda inline as italics, in which case, it should probably just be a meeting page rather than an Agenda page.
- Rough outline so far.