Difference between revisions of "PDX OSGeo 20120328 Meeting"

From OSGeo
Jump to: navigation, search
(Regular meeting business)
(Regular meeting business)
Line 24: Line 24:
  
 
* URISA abstract submissions needed, CUGOS too
 
* URISA abstract submissions needed, CUGOS too
** ''notes here''
+
** ''National conference here this year''
 +
** ''Trying to get whole track on one day, might be interspersed throughout program''
 +
** ''post to CUGOS list too, submit to abstracts to Amy Esnard''
 +
 
  
 
* OSGeo 2011 Annual Report - see also: [http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2012-February/010097.html Discuss call for reports]
 
* OSGeo 2011 Annual Report - see also: [http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2012-February/010097.html Discuss call for reports]

Revision as of 19:34, 28 March 2012

PDX-OSGEO meeting
3/28/2012 6-7:30
Location: Collective Agency, 322 NW 6th Avenue, Suite 200, Portland, OR 97209; Beer at nearby pub to follow
  • Buzz "200" when you arrive. The phone rings once or twice, then you'll be buzzed up. Elevator access available. Indoor bike parking available upstairs.

Agenda

Introductions

  • Darrell, Brian, Jason, Michael, Kyle, Ryan, Neal, Heather, Rob, Deanne, Percy, Rafa, Edwin, Tanya, Tim, Justin, Eli, Jonathan, Wm, Nate, Rick, Christian

Regular meeting business

(e.g., Upcoming GIS events/conferences, next meeting presenters or topics, discussions, updates, etc.)

  • GIS In Action notes
    • Web mapping library smackdown - Edwin, Christian, Rafa. Wm too. Could include more libraries too.
    • Skip did OSGeo DVD
    • Darrell, Dean, and Cress on ESRI integration moderated by Percy
    • Cy gave shout out to Christian and Tsunami signs in keynote
    • Table went very well
    • Surveyors very interested
    • Give out PDX-OSGeo info cards in the future
    • 2014 unconference, booked too
  • URISA abstract submissions needed, CUGOS too
    • National conference here this year
    • Trying to get whole track on one day, might be interspersed throughout program
    • post to CUGOS list too, submit to abstracts to Amy Esnard


  • OS Bridge Discount, abstracts, and pass raffle

Presentations

  • Rick Nixon from the City
    • CitySync platform, and the latest CivicApps contest
    • Engage community, this builds on CivicApps, this is a collaboration layer, provide meaningful metrics to developers how their apps are being used, custom landing page based on location, mode of transit, and business or resident perspective, demo release next week, Drupal 7 based, Portland Maps data and many other data sources


  • PostGIS Management Tools - Darrell
    • Long time tool for PostGIS management
    • Data regularly coming in from customers that needs updating
    • Rewriting to try and publically release
    • rake extension that goes to PostGIS, rake is Ruby Make
    • object inheritance available in rake
    • timestamp based, including all shapefile components
    • updates table if shapefile is newer
    • OSM imports too


  • OpenStreetMap pre-direction (NE, SE, SW, NW) expansion in the Pacific Northwest discussion
    • See also, [1], [2], Import information on the wiki [3] and Street Naming Conventions [4]
    • Notes in italic here

Future meeting schedule (every fourth Wednesday)

  • April 25th
  • May 23rd
  • June 27
  • July 25th
  • August 22nd
  • September 26th
  • October 24th
  • November (typically canceled)
  • December (typically canceled, or Winter Coders Social)