PDX OSGeo 20141015 Meeting
Time and Location
- October 15th, 6-8pm
- Portland State University Cramer Hall - room 69 - 1721 SW Broadway, Portland, Oregon 97201 - Basement of Cramer Hall. If you enter from the North, by the street car tracks, you will be on the correct floor, take a left and wander past the Geology department until you see it.
- Meeting plans for 2015 (locations and speakers / topics)
- Best of FOSS4G talks (suggestions from all)
- Revisit the PDX OSM building imports project
- USGS topo PDFs, how to process and use (Eli)
- You! Everyone is welcome to present about geo-topics, let us know what you are working on ideas you have.
Justin (GitHub), Eli (Lincoln County), Percy (PSU Geology), Harvey (PSU Geography), Katie (awesomeness), Darrell (general geo flunky), Tanya (coastal geo), Garrett (Quantum), Kendall McDonald (she has a magnetometer!), Ryan (Trimet), Rob (Android Apps!!), Rafa (Mapbox), Grant (Trimet)
Geology 69 and Geography 419 both might be good locations for meetings in the future. We've started a list of topics for future months here:
We will have a November meeting but no December meeting. Go to the Winter Coders social instead (check Calagator of details).
OSM Building import
We discussed this last at state of the Map in DC, but have not made progress because we took time off to organize FOSS4G. Details about what we are working on are here: