Revision as of 02:05, 9 January 2009 by Tkubik (Chapter in formation)
Chapter Mission Statement
- To support the development of open source geospatial software, and promote its
widespread use in Poland.
- To support the INSPIRE implementation in Poland, based on open source geospatial
- To promote GIS education based on open source geospatial software in Poland.
- To develop and promote Polish open source geospatial software.
- To provide the platform for open source geospatial software community integration in
Poland (mailing list, forum, documentation, reference spatial data sets, wiki, etc.).
- To provide an organized structure for experiences and knowledge sharing in Poland
(workshops, conferences, demonstration, etc.).
- To organize users, software developers and interested volunteers in Poland.
- To lobby for the idea of open source geospatial software within Polish academic
- To encourage the implementation of open standards and standards-based
interoperability in the Polish SDI (including metadata).
- To become SDIC in INSPIRE.
- To support software internationalization and localization to Polish requirements.
- To organize the resources for foundation projects.
- To provide direct links to the OSGeo.
- Initial member list:
- Adam Iwaniak (University of Environmental and Life Sciences)
- Tomasz Kubik (Wroclaw University of Technology)
- Bartosz Kopańczyk (Geoscope, Inc.)
- Paweł Netzel (University of Wroclaw)
- Witold Paluszyński (Wroclaw University of Technology)
- Tomasz Kubik