Promotion and Visibility Committee
This page is designed to tell you everything you need to know about VisCom and what we do.
The mission of the Promotion and Visibility Committee ("VisCom") is to spread word and build a strong recognition of the Open Source Geospatial Foundation, foundation projects, and the use of open source in geospatial applications in general. We do this by:
- participating at events, tradeshows, and conferences
- creation and use of OSGeo marketing materials (brochures, logos, etc)
- aiding in the creation and dissemination of case studies, white papers, etc
- outreach to other organizations, companies, group, media, etc
- acting as supplier and shopkeeper for T-shirts and other OSGeo swag
The official committee web site is here. (This wiki is more likely to be current and accurate, however.)
The VisCom project committee consists of:
- Arnulf Christl
- Michael P. Gerlek (chair)
- Alain Grignon
- Chris Holmes
- Dave McIlhagga (removed at his request)
- Tyler Mitchell
- Peter Moran
Got an idea? Interested in joining? Just let us know!
We generally meet on Thursdays at 15:00 UTC (8am PST), via conference call and on the #osgeo IRC channel.
Our meetings page: VisCom_Meetings
VisCom oversees the issuing of press releases for the Foundation (Press Release Process). Got some news you think is worthy of an OSGeo press release, or want to help translate some text? Please add it On The News Queue and let us know!
Past press releases:
VisCom is responsible the Foundation's presence tradeshows, conferences, workshops, etc. We can coordinate the booth, supply materials, arrange for speakers, etc. Please see out Event Management page for more information.
Upcoming events are listed on the Current events page.
Things We're Thinking About
We have a long list of things we are doing, or would like to do at VisComToDo.