This the OSUOSL VM used for backups starting in 2010/04. It is used for rsync backups of various things (download.osgeo.org, osgeo1, ...), and backula backups of OSU OSL VMs.
- Admins: Frank Warmerdam (rsync), Martin Spott (backula)
- access is via SAC shell group.
- download.osgeo.org rsync mirroring runs nightly and is externally available at download2.osgeo.org.
- /osgeo/backup/backula is for backula backups
- /osgeo/backup/rsync is for rsync backups
- /osgeo/longterm is for long term backups of static material (ie conference web sites)
Configuration as of June, 2011
A Full copy is made every Sat. with incremental backups nightly.
This consists of the following directories:
File = /boot File = /etc File = /var/www File = /osgeo File = /var/lib/mysql File = /var/lib/postgresql File = /var/lib/dpkg File = /var/lib/aptitude/pkgstates
From each of the following machines:
General configuration is managed in /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf.
To review the backups and perform a restore you can use the bconsole application:
Specific configuration of the file/tape storage is in the Storage director /etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf
- Bacula uses the hard drive as a series of Tape drives.
- Each Volume is a predetermined size (~500MB currently), when a volume fills bacula makes the next one.
- Volumes older than a certain date or when volume increments have reach a configured maximum can be recycled into the available disk pool.
- If you use bconsole to recover data bacula does the work of finding the files you want and pulling them out of the various volumes.
- Directory for recovered files is set in the bacula-dir.conf under RecoveryJob
osgeo1 (primary peer1 host)
current cron jobs for backups
#### Backup cron jobs # min hour day month dayofweek user command # # 2am: Daily rsync to /home/back 05 2 * * * root /root/scripts/daily.sh # Every 3 hours # /etc/mysql-zrm #33 */3 * * * root /usr/bin/rsync -a --delete /etc/mysql-zrm/ /home/back/etc/mysql-zrm/ # /var/lib/mysql-zrm #34 */3 * * * root /usr/bin/rsync -a --delete /var/lib/mysql-zrm/ /home/back/mysql-zrm/ # call backup_trac_svn.sh to backup # subversion /var/www/svn/repos # trac /var/www/trac 45 */3 * * * root /root/scripts/backup_svn_incremental.sh #45 */3 * * * root /root/scripts/trac_backup.pl #45 */3 * * * root /root/scripts/backup_trac_svn.sh # Thisdoes some hourly drupal/mysql optimization 39 * * * * root /root/scripts/drupal_cron.sh
backup script are in /root/scripts
osgeo3 & osgeo4
As noted in Download Server the contents of download.osgeo.org are rsync'ed to osgeo2.
Bacula - we need details.
??? How does it work?
As noted in Subversion the subversion repository is mirrored using svn mirroring and does not need to be backed up otherwise.