Difference between revisions of "SAC Meeting-2020-03"

From OSGeo
Jump to navigation Jump to search
 
(7 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
 
* in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac  
 
* in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac  
  
* Web IRC client: https://webchat.freenode.net/  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=03&day=01&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=43] Sunday Mar 1st 2020 18 UTC]
+
* Web IRC client: https://webchat.freenode.net/  [https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2020&month=03&day=21&hour=18&min=0&sec=0&p1=217&p2=37&p3=43  Saturday Mar 21st 2020 18 UTC]
  
 
== Meetings Happened ==
 
== Meetings Happened ==
 +
[http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo-sac/%23osgeo-sac.2020-03-21.log 2020-03-21]
 +
 
[http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo-sac/%23osgeo-sac.2020-03-01.log 2020-03-01]
 
[http://irclogs.geoapt.com/osgeo-sac/%23osgeo-sac.2020-03-01.log 2020-03-01]
  
Line 23: Line 25:
 
** Meeting formats
 
** Meeting formats
 
* osgeo3 -- plans of what to put on it.  
 
* osgeo3 -- plans of what to put on it.  
* plan for https://repo.osgeo.org - fresh install of nexus with OSGeo ldap integration
+
* [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2410 #2410]  https://repo.osgeo.org (docker install of nexus with OSGeo ldap integration sitting in nexus lxd container on osgeo3) [https://www.sonatype.com/nexus-repository-oss nexus repo] to replace webdav maven repo and possibly be used for docker registry, apt/yum repo.
 +
 
* New System contracts needed - general sys adm, Wiki ldap/integration
 
* New System contracts needed - general sys adm, Wiki ldap/integration
* Plan for Wiki upgrade and LDAP/Wiki integration
+
* Plan for Wiki upgrade and LDAP/Wiki integration (we got some proposals)
 
* live.osgeo.org migration to its own container (talking with kalax)
 
* live.osgeo.org migration to its own container (talking with kalax)
 
* Shared / Project resources for windows/mac building (discussed need - no firm plans as to direction yet)
 
* Shared / Project resources for windows/mac building (discussed need - no firm plans as to direction yet)
* [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2410 #2410] [https://www.sonatype.com/nexus-repository-oss nexus repo] to replace webdav maven repo
 
 
* [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2416 #2416] domain names from planet federal (geoserver.org, geonode.org,...)
 
* [https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2416 #2416] domain names from planet federal (geoserver.org, geonode.org,...)
 
* recruitment ideas - publicize need on slack sys_admin geospatial, try to merge the need with Shared / Project resources mac building item
 
* recruitment ideas - publicize need on slack sys_admin geospatial, try to merge the need with Shared / Project resources mac building item
 +
* [https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2020-March/011981.html YouTube channel for OSGeo]
  
 
=== Other topics ===
 
=== Other topics ===

Latest revision as of 23:10, 21 March 2020

Where and When

  • in IRC on Freenode, channel: osgeo-sac

Meetings Happened

2020-03-21

2020-03-01

Status

  • DONE: osgeo3 New hardware installed.
  • DONE: setup osgeo3 as lxd host
  • TODO: Setup Bacula (need some thoughts on best way to go about this since osgeo7 is not setup quite the same and for some containers seems overkill to install a bacular fd client -wildintellect thinks we may not need this since we have snapshot daily backups on osgeo7 and container backups on osgeo4
  • TODO: Wiki is old and needs to be replaced the MySQL 5.5 EOL'd a couple of years ago for one.
  • TODO: 2339 Load balance download.osgeo.org using ftp.osuosl.org/osgeo/download - jef mentioned this Nginx load balancing redirect
  • TODO: Grab flickr photos (Brian Hamlin working on this - setup a gallery container with debian10+ldap+docker on osgeo4 and gave him admin rights)
 Should we use nextcloud for final resting place of photos or is there a better tool?  Seems like current might be too early in infancy to work for us.
 DONE: Regina to setup nextcloud on gallery container
  • TODO: 2405 dedicated Ubuntu 18.04 for osgeo-live project
  • INPROGRESS: 2410 Plan out repo management maven, docker - have nexus setup on osgeo3 https://repo.osgeo.org

Agenda

  • Best time for future meetings
    • Meeting formats
  • osgeo3 -- plans of what to put on it.
  • #2410 https://repo.osgeo.org (docker install of nexus with OSGeo ldap integration sitting in nexus lxd container on osgeo3) nexus repo to replace webdav maven repo and possibly be used for docker registry, apt/yum repo.
  • New System contracts needed - general sys adm, Wiki ldap/integration
  • Plan for Wiki upgrade and LDAP/Wiki integration (we got some proposals)
  • live.osgeo.org migration to its own container (talking with kalax)
  • Shared / Project resources for windows/mac building (discussed need - no firm plans as to direction yet)
  • #2416 domain names from planet federal (geoserver.org, geonode.org,...)
  • recruitment ideas - publicize need on slack sys_admin geospatial, try to merge the need with Shared / Project resources mac building item
  • YouTube channel for OSGeo

Other topics

SAC main page